Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Muffie123 Posts: 25, Reputation: 3

Mar 9, 2013, 12:11 PM
    Can someone explain what an independent variable is?
    I understand what a dependent variable is... I just cannot grasp what an independent variable is. Could you maybe provide an example too?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 9, 2013, 12:22 PM
    This article gives a general explanation --

Dependent and independent variables - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Or here --

What are Independent and Dependent Variables?-NCES Kids' Zone

One of our math experts will give you better and more specific information.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I become independent? [ 5 Answers ]

I am 24 years old. I have just finished University and didn't work much throughout Uni. I struggled to complete my four year program because I have a slew of mental problems. The problems started when I was about eleven years old and include: Severe anxiety disorders and a couple phobias,...

Labor efficiency variance, variable overhead rate variance, variable overhead efficie [ 1 Answers ]

Becton Labs, Inc. produces various chemical compounds for industrial use. One compound, called Fludex, is prepared using an elaborate distilling process. The company has developed standard costs for one unit of Fludex, as follows: Standard Quantity Standard Price or Rate Standard Cost ...

Independent or dependent variable [ 1 Answers ]

A researcher wants to know whether the mean length of the stay for-profit is different from the mean length of the stay not-for-profit hospitals. He randomly selected 20 individuals in the for profit hospital and matched them with 20 individuals in the not-for-profit hospital by diagnosis....

Variable Overhead efficiency variable [ 1 Answers ]

Variable overhead is applied in the basis of standard direct labor-hours. If the direct labor efficiency variance is unfavorable, the variable overhead efficiency variance will be? a Favorable b unfavorable c zero d indeterminable

View more questions Search