Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bierbaugh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2013, 06:20 AM
    Bound by contract?
    I own a small american owned mom and pop retail business .I use a merchant service and was not happy. In my attempt of changing companies I learned they were they only one my bank said they use.ok. So the bank says we have a customer service rep for them why not talk to him he convinced me to stay with the company and I said I would if I signed no contract and they just started back with my old contract he said he could do that. I said fine.the problem is we agreed to just start back with no new contract business as usual with my old contract . I have since closed my business after 17 years and they want a500$ early termenation fee! I am like are you kidding me they said I signed I new contract furnished the contract to me via email and the signature is not mine they said it is binding to the end of the contract 2 more years with fees Any Advice?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 9, 2013, 06:38 AM
    Tell them to sue you, and face charges of falsifying your signature if they do.
    Short and sweet!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 9, 2013, 07:11 AM
    Since they appear to have no legal proof that you agreed to a new contract, tell them to sue you for the fee.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bound to buying this used car? [ 5 Answers ]

Emailed back and forth with dealership and came to an agreed price through email only. No contract or money was exchanged but dealer removed the online ad for the car. If I decide I don't want it now do I have that right? Still no paperwork signed and no money exchanged. Only words through email.

Signed a contract I wasn't on, am I legally Bound? [ 2 Answers ]

I signed a contract that my girlfriend entered into agreement with. She applied for the acoount alone. My name is not on the contract but when they delivered the goods she was busy and so I signed my name to her contract. Am I legally responsible to repay the debt?

What is the current price of a bound [ 2 Answers ]

what is the current price of a bond with $1000 par value with 5 years to maturity and 6% cupon yield to maturity of 8% and interested paid semiannually?

House Bound Bugs [ 3 Answers ]

I have a questions about a bug I have been finding in my house since last summer - It's a greyish brown bug with a yellowish belly - They tend to hang on the backside of curtains and they have a very pungent odor to them - I have never seen them before - I live in New Jersey and they also have...

Heaven bound? [ 6 Answers ]

Did you made your reservation for heaven?

View more questions Search