Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    letmethink Posts: 82, Reputation: 7

Mar 8, 2013, 07:32 PM
    IS it normal to hate parents?
    I really don't like my parents.I am really sorry to post this here.(don't want to mislead other children).I never got the love and care I longed when I was a kid.I am 21 now and I don't need their care(well still they are not showing any).I feel angry all the time now.my mom never really likes my dad.she always shouts at him even for silly matters.and my dad always behave crazy.(like calling bad words).He calls me swear words ,every single day.and adding to this,my parents got many family issues which I don't really interfere. I can't remember a single day from my childhood,my mom giving me a hug .and speaking of my dad,I don't think he even knows who I am. I never had a more than 2 minute personal talk with him or my mom.and everything went upside down when I told them I am in a relationship.
    What to do? All I want is to find a good job and move out?is it okay? Please help?
    Now I am feeling stupid by telling you people all this?
    I was raised by a woman servant who loved me somuch and I like her better than anyone
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 8, 2013, 07:40 PM
    Are you male or female? China or India?

Mar 8, 2013, 07:40 PM
    I am female and I am from India
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 8, 2013, 07:43 PM
    Will you be allowed to job hunt and move out? If you do, what will they do?

Mar 8, 2013, 07:56 PM
    In our locality,when young people move out ,the society doesn't consider that as a good behavior. Especially if it is a girl.but I don't care ,I am planning to-move out and to start a new life with my boyfriend. They won't allow because, they fear what other people will say.
    My parents are not supportive . They won't pay my education fee or any for my needs.(inhere parents take care off children till they get a job or till they get married).
    At first they tried to stop my relatinship,now all they say is "go away,and never come back,"
    They just want to get rid off me now
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 8, 2013, 08:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by letmethink View Post
    in our locality,when young people move out ,the society doesn't consider that as a good behavior. Especially if it is a girl.but i don't care ,i am planning to-move out and to start a new life with my boyfriend. They wont allow because, they fear what other people will say.
    my parents are not supportive . they wont pay my education fee or any for my needs.(inhere parents take care off children till they get a job or till they get married).
    at first they tried to stop my relatinship,now all they say is "go way,and never come back,"
    they just want to get rid off me now
    I'm very sorry your parents feel this way. Something must have worked out right that you are such a nice person. Will this boyfriend take good care of you? How easily will you be able to get a job?

Mar 8, 2013, 08:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I'm very sorry your parents feel this way. Something must have worked out right that you are such a nice person. Will this boyfriend take good care of you? How easily will you be able to get a job?
    Actually it is OK even if don't have any job now. I am interested in continuing my studies.my boyfriend is a nice person and will take good care of me.he is got a job now.
    Actually I am feeling kind of ashamed telling all this here.I don't really think I should continue posting and helping others.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 8, 2013, 08:22 PM
    actually it is OK even if don't have any job now. i am interested in continuing my studies.my boyfriend is a nice person and will take good care of me.he is got a job now.
    actually i am feeling kinda ashamed telling all this here.i don't really think i should continue posting and helping others.
    Actually, your story is getting to be a common one. Other young women in India have asked similar questions about leaving home. You are a valuable voice in this kind of situation.

Mar 8, 2013, 08:34 PM
    Actually, your story is getting to be a common one. Other young women in India have asked similar questions about leaving home. You are a valuable voice in this kind of situation.
    The problem is I can't tell this to any others.when I tried talking this to my cousins they won't believe.my family is separated from the rest.we lives in another state.so practically my relatives don't have a wide understanding on what's happening.they know a little but not everything.
    My parents behave like saints in-front of everyone and everyone believes them. Even when they go out together they always tries to maintain as a happy couple ,so no nobody suspects.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 8, 2013, 08:43 PM
    the problem is i can't tell this to any others.when i tried talking this to my cousins they wont believe.my family is separated from the rest.we lives in another state.so practically my relatives don't have a wide understanding on whats happening.they know a little but not everything.
    my parents behave like saints in-front of everyone and everyone believes them. even when they go out together they always tries to maintain as a happy couple ,so no nobody suspects.
    So now what?

Mar 8, 2013, 08:53 PM
    So now what?
    U mean what to do next?
    I really don't know
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 8, 2013, 08:55 PM
    u mean what to do next?
    i really dont know
    Once you leave home, you will actually be leaving your entire family too because they won't understand how you could do such a thing.
    smkanand Posts: 602, Reputation: 56

Mar 9, 2013, 10:31 AM
    Find a boyfriend and get married, your parents will be happy and you will also.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My parents hate me and I hate myself now. [ 23 Answers ]

I'm 18 and all 18 years of my life I've been verbally abused. I get yelled at over the stupidest things. If my little brother lost his sippie cup it's my fault, I didn't close the lid on the toilet after using it, I stay in my room too much then get yelled at to go to my room when I'm not in it....

Why do my parents hate me? [ 5 Answers ]

My mom calls me stupid and fat and how none of my siblings like me. I try so hard to do my best but it's hard with constant pressure put on me. I literally cry everyday for some things she tells me. Like, parents are supposed to love their kids no matter what. Please help.

View more questions Search