Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ogional Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2013, 08:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    You are an Aspie?
    Yes. That's why I face such hostility at work and that's what I mean by discriminated because of my disability (multiple) which makes it a hostile work environment.
    mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

Mar 8, 2013, 08:12 PM
    Excuse me I was polite. I used my skills and you are not the only one with a disability. Thank you so much for your rude comment. Have a great life. I am out of this thread.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 8, 2013, 08:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ogional View Post
    Never did trip an associate I was using those as an example. I talk to no one unless I have to ask a question. Don't cuss at work. i only talk to one or two people and that's it other than that I'm to quiet of a person to start anything hostile. retaliation is hostile. Autism Spectrum Disorder if you got a problem with the way I explain things then be my guest go at it.
    You're the one that stated that you were charged with assault.

If that wasn't true, why did you spend 21 days in jail? The police don't keep you in jail if you've done nothing wrong.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2013, 08:15 PM
    No corporate policy can pull a trump card on any law...

At the top of the heap... you have constitutional rights... below that you have federal laws, below that you have state laws... below those you have city and town laws...

Below those down in the mud puddle is corporate policy.

They ALL override any corporate policy.
    Pets Expert

Mar 8, 2013, 08:15 PM
    Never did trip an associate I was using those as an example. I talk to no one unless I have to ask a question. Don't cuss at work. i only talk to one or two people and that's it other than that I'm to quiet of a person to start anything hostile. retaliation is hostile. Autism Spectrum Disorder if you got a problem with the way I explain things then be my guest go at it.
    Page five of this thread and now the OP suddenly has Autism.

There's a surprise (sarcasm).
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2013, 08:17 PM
    Just because you claim there is discrimination doesn't mean you can prove it... and if you make the accusation.. the burden of proof is on you to PROVE that it happened... not on them to prove it didn't.

And not even the EEOC will take up your cause unless you can prove it to them first. Yes... I've dealt with them recently on someone else's behalf.

Unless you can come up with the equivalent of black folk have to use that fountain and restroom, and the white folk use that other fountain and restroom. You are going to have a hard time convincing someone to the contrary. Opinion does not equal fact without sufficient supporting evidence Evidence enough OTHER people agree on.

Mar 8, 2013, 08:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Just because you claim there is discrimination doesn't mean you can prove it...and if you make the accusation..the burden of proof is on you to PROVE that it happened....not on them to prove it didn't.

And not even the EEOC will take up your cause unless you can prove it to them first.
    Can prove it through the red books buddy. That's what there for and that's what filling a lawsuit is for is to open those redbooks in court. Associate told me to go **** my aspergers which is clear indication of discrimination and hostile work environment.
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2013, 08:26 PM
    Can prove it through the red books buddy. That's what there for and that's what filling a lawsuit is for is to open those redbooks in court. Associate told me to go **** my aspergers which is clear indication of discrimination and hostile work environment.
    Um... what that shows is you have really thin skin... a single verbal comment does not equal a legitimate case of discrimination.

If what a redbook is was defined earlier in the thread I missed it.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2013, 08:27 PM
    I would think that you being in jail for 21 days would lead you to termination of Wal-Mart... I think you're so pissed that you got fired for that, that now you are lashing out and trying to put the blame on someone else.

Depending on where you live, your state may be a "right to work" state and that employer can fire you without a real cause.

I have a feeling you are just another sad soul who is wanting to make millions off Wal-Mart. So many people want the law to fight their fights.. It's sad really... You should stand up for yourself and move on.

Plus... you did not show up to work for 21 days... You did not call for 21 days.. WHAT employer would keep that type of employee around.
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2013, 08:33 PM
    If any group sets the standard for what constitutes discrimination is... its the EEOC.

The EEOC will laugh at you over a single minor offhand comment like that one.

IF you got terminated for assaulting a coworker... that's YOUR fault.

If they walked up to your and broke your nose... doing something AFTER that makes it self defense... you can't legally assault someone over a couple words...

If you can't get the EEOC to accept your case... then you don't have a case to pursue. They don't waste their time on senseless or frivolous cases. Having your fragile ego hurt isn't a compensible act.
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2013, 08:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky098 View Post
    I would think that you being in jail for 21 days would lead you to termination of Wal-Mart... I think you're so pissed that you got fired for that, that now you are lashing out and trying to put the blame on someone else.

Depending on where you live, your state may be a "right to work" state and that employer can fire you without a real cause.

I have a feeling you are just another sad soul who is wanting to make millions off of Wal-Mart. So many people want the law to fight their fights.. It's sad really... You should stand up for yourself and move on.

Plus... you did not show up to work for 21 days... You did not call for 21 days.. WHAT employer would keep that type of employee around.

Well said... and very true. Most employers will terminate you a LOT sooner... and any I have ever worked for (and I have worked at really good jobs being an engineer) Assaulting another employee on company property has always been grounds for immediate dismissal (that means you are fired on the spot).
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 8, 2013, 08:41 PM
    Does this make sense? Copied from a blog -- "WM does actually have a red binder filled with step by step instructions and procedures on how to harass their associates" (Wal-Mart..Always Underhanded, Always!) and from another blog, "Though the Redbook Investigation is a great tool to find out the How's and Why's of a situation within the system, it is also wide open for misuse by rogue management and HR personell" (How to Survive a Walmart or Sam's Club Redbook Investigation !)
    Pets Expert

Mar 8, 2013, 08:41 PM
    Redbook? You never explained what this "redbook" is. Is this "redbook" the company policy you keep citing?

Your posts on this thread speak for themselves. You yourself said that according to Walmart policy, employees can commit any crime against another employee, and the employee that's violated cannot call the police, they must go to a manager. There is not one company in the world that would be stupid enough to go against a persons basic legal rights, and make it policy. Even if they did, that policy wouldn't stand up. The law is the law. If you commit a crime against another, they have the right to call the police and report that crime. No company policy can negate that right. You'll have to prove that Walmart tried to break the law by enforcing a policy that goes against basic human rights.

If it doesn't make sense, it's because it's not true.

So sue. You have the right to sue anyone if you're willing to pay. I can't imagine any lawyer dumb enough to take your case, but then again, I really didn't think there was anyone dumb enough to really think they could commit any crime they wanted on a fellow employ because they claim it's in the company handbook. So sue.

Again, good luck with that. You'll need it. Actually, when Walmart sees this thread and the claims you've made, you'll need a lawyer, and a lot of luck defending what you posted here. I'm very sure they're not stupid enough to have put policy in place that goes against basic human rights.

Mar 8, 2013, 08:44 PM
    What do you think this website is for? This website is for advice nothing more ^^ so good luck.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 8, 2013, 08:48 PM
    This website is for advice nothing more ^^ so good luck.
    Did you see my post a bit above this one?
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2013, 08:57 PM
    Fact of life is with any employer... the employee that causes problems will eventually find themselves out of a job... nobody is irreplaceable. Proven by APPLE... Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak may have been the heart and sole of the company at some point as well as being the founders... but even without them the company goes on... (maybe not the best analogy but its all that comes to mind right now)
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Mar 8, 2013, 08:58 PM
    This has gone on long enough and isn't getting anywhere.

Thread closed
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 9, 2013, 06:36 AM
    they created a hostile work environment for me and anyone to work in. Now having to worry about walking out the doors and being arrested every time. What they did was harassment they were informed there was nothing the police could do. I'm trying to find out if I have a law suit or not for a hostile work environment you all have no clues to weather it is or not since you don't know walmart policies since you never worked there so I might as well find my self an attorney and seek better legal advice rather than morals.
    Please explain how Wal-Mart created a hostile work environment, when, according to you, they have written company policies against the behaviors you are complaining about.

Mar 9, 2013, 06:47 AM
    So an associate said this to you? Did Wal-Mart condone it? Did Wal-Mart create an environment where such actions were encouraged?

To have a case against Wal-Mart, you have to show that they were aware of such things and not only did nothing about it, but encouraged it. According to everything you have said, that was not the case. Why can't you understand that?

Despite what disability you say you have, your posts here have been coherent and understandable. You came here asking for legal advice. We have tried to explain to you that you have no case against Wal-Mart because you have said nothing that indicates that Wal-Mart created the situation. All you have talked about is how individual associates acted in violation of Wal-Mart corporate policy. You may have a case against the individual associates, but I see no case against Wal-Mart.

Mar 9, 2013, 06:54 AM
    I didn't see that this was closed, but I wanted to add one thing more. Wondergirl's research was very interesting. I just glanced at, but it certainly indicates that Wal-Mart may, in fact, be creating a hostile environment by encouraging the termination or resignation of longer term employees to reduce salary costs.

That is a much different story than the way you presented yours. If you do want to discuss that aspect further let me know via Private Message and I will reopen the thread,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hostile work environment or being discriminated? [ 12 Answers ]

Hey all I am not sure whether I am being discriminated against or not so would appreciate your thoughts. Background info: After I joined two new employees were recruited to build a bigger team. Both are in a senior role to me but we all report into the same manager - note I do not report...

Hostile work environment? [ 4 Answers ]

I have worked at my place of employment for just over a year and a half, and my boss is... well I wouldn't want even anyone that has wronged me to work with this person. I have been called stupid, retarded and incompetent, I have been belittled and disrespected in front of other employees. Now, I'm...

Memo hostile work environment [ 1 Answers ]

My supervisor one of many has control of the jobs I do each day I continuously get the worst jobs if she is the one who assigns them to me. She talks to me like I am a low level of scum. When I mess up "come in late maybe once a year she makes note of docing my pay when there are others who...

Hostile work environment [ 5 Answers ]

I was working the other night when my supervisor and a co worker entered my work station and asked me to come to the office, so I went with them and me and the co worker got into a heated argument. My coworker was literally in my face yelling at me, so I looked at my supervisor who was just sitting...

View more questions Search