Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xxbabyblueeyes Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2007, 05:57 PM
    Drunk calls
    Heyy everybody... quick question...

My boyfriend is currently in Panama City, FL for MTV's spring break with 12 of his friends. We've been seeing each other for about a year and serious for a few months. He was my best friend but we fell in love. Now I know he is obviously drinking being in college and all with 12 guys , but I just received three phone calls which was totally unexpected since he was with his friends. In all the phone calls he was saying how he loved me so much and he wanted to fly me down there and wants to give me the best 4 nights of my life etc and he kept saying I love you repeatedly over and over . Also in the second phone call he started singing one of our favorite love songs as soon as I picked up. I want to believe him and I kind of do , its just I don't know if I should since he is so hammered. Do you think the truth comes out when your drunk? :confused:
    Dreamer Posts: 76, Reputation: 13

Mar 19, 2007, 06:20 PM
    Hi there,

In reply to your last question: "Does the truth come out when you're drunk?"... Well, I don't know about the truth, but you obviously lose all inhibition when you're that drunk. So that would make him more apt to say whatever was on his mind at that moment in time without thinking about it first. I am not in the position to say whether he means it though. That answer must come from within your heart truthfully.

I think the key here would be to see how consistent he is. If when he is not drunk or under the influence in any way, and still expresses those feelings, than he's probably telling the truth. Does he remember saying those things to you, or was he too intoxicated to even recall those phone calls? If he does remember, ask him if he really meant it and see how open he is to tell you how he feels. If it lines up with what he said during the above mentioned calls, than it was probably worth believing.

I hope this helps. Best wishes in your relationship. :)
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2007, 06:28 PM
    I do agree, does your bf's behavior stay the same when he is sober? Does he say the same things to you when he is sober? I would take what he is saying right now with a grain of salt and I would not fly down there to see him with his 12 college buddies on a spring break. No, I would not do that to myself at all. Let him have his fun.

Sometimes people do tell more of the truth when they are drunk, but will dummy up when they become sober. As Dreamer stated, the inhibitions go out the window and sometimes everything else too. The proof is when he is back and sober. I would ask, is his drinking with his buddies like this happen often? Do you see a pattern of irresponsible behavior when he is drinking? Just look at it with caution.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Drunk sex [ 11 Answers ]

I saw my boyfriend having sex with another women in my car. He was drunk and don't remember what happened. Before this we were the perfect couple and he loved the ground I walked on. He said he is sorry for what he has done and he hates himself and will do anything for another chance. He has got...

Drunk sex? [ 2 Answers ]

All right, I don't know why I'm thinking about this now but oh well. A couple months back at the end of September me and my friend went to this boys house to drink. Anyway I can recall everything that happened that night, maybe not all the words but basically everything. One thing led to another...

Father is a Drunk [ 4 Answers ]

I don't know who to ask so ill try here... My ex brother-in-law has 3 kids 16 14 13 and a drinking problem (so I think) The middle child has been sneaking out at night walking to some boys house crawling into his window and comes home just before B-I-L has to get up...

Drunk Problems [ 9 Answers ]

My friend Drew is mad at me. On Friday of last week there was a party he and I were invited to. I didn’t go knowing there would be alcohol. He did unfortunately. Well he got drunk and made out with his now ex-girlfriend’s now ex-best friend. She was at a party with me that we knew no alcohol would...

Drunk and Breastfeeding [ 1 Answers ]

I was at a BBQ and one of the gals there was so hammered, she was falling all over the place. She had been drinking Jack Daniels, Jim Beam and beer. For hours! Then she proceeded to breast feed her baby. I was in shock and me having a big mouth, said something. Then, a couple of the girls ganged up...

View more questions Search