Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Yowing Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2013, 03:05 PM
    How to get rid of cockroaches?
    Hi,

Ten months ago, we moved to a new house. Last night, when I switched on the light in the kitchen, I saw 3 cockroaches in the sink. I am so bothered because
    I know they are germs carriers.

By the way, can post the answer/answers to Facebook?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2013, 03:38 PM
    Hire an exterminator... they have accesses to and the knowledge to use better and more effective chemicals to rid your house of them than you do..
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Mar 7, 2013, 04:39 PM
    While many exterminators have pages on Facebook, I'm not aware of any "share" functions on this website. If you use Facebook a lot, go to the pages for your locality. There should be some exterminators advertising on those pages.

With cockroaches, especially the German cockroach, the truism is that the more cleanser you use, the less pesticide is needed. That's not to say you can get rid of them with Just cleaning, but it helps a lot.

If you cannot get an exterminator for a price you're willing to pay (Some are expensive and some won't come out unless you sign on for a year's contract which is more expensive) then you need to be aware that the sprays and foggers will only kill the insects they can reach. The "keeps on killing" advertisement doesn't tell you that the bug has to stay on the pesticide residue for up to an hour to get a lethal dose. Baits, particularly the gel baits that come in a syringe like applicator, will draw the bugs to feed and give you a more thourough control.

As with any pesticide, READ THE DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cockroaches [ 10 Answers ]

I know there are 400 native cockroach species in australia but I need to know all of their names Thanks Anonymous

Can we break a lease because of cockroaches? [ 5 Answers ]

We have been renting an apartment in Boise, ID for about 5 months. We discovered that we have a cockroach infestation a few days ago but have suspected it for about a week, we brought it to the attention of the land lord and he said that he would "add us to the list" for the exterminator. So they...

Cockroaches? [ 5 Answers ]

my roommates have fairly large american cockroaches (I googled) is this because the house is dirty? What can we do about it? I just movd in with them last month and its creeping me out, I've never lived with a lot of big cockroaches before. Only maybe once in a great while seen a small one...

Can I break my lease if I have cockroaches? [ 13 Answers ]

Here is my problem... I signed a lease before I knew about the roach infestation and they have been trying to help but its not working... its been 4 months of disqusting bugs on my food and dishes, in my bathroom and even in the bedroom! I'm tired of the bug guy coming and spraying harmful chemical...

Small cockroaches [ 1 Answers ]

I lived with friends,where we couldn't get rid of the cockroaches... Now I moved into a roach-free home ( I know for sure,because I inspected everything carefully before moving in) only to find out ( oh horror) that some roaches have travelled with me inside my moving boxes! I haven't seen that...

View more questions Search