Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SweetTinaT Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2013, 02:25 PM
    Florida lease renewal fee for condo
    Remax manages the property that my roommate and I rent. After signing a renewal lease (for one year), my roommate was sent an email stating we now owe a renewal lease fee of $75.
    This fee was not incorporated in the lease when we signed it or submitted it.

Is this legal?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2013, 03:59 PM
    Is it clearly posted in their office?
    SweetTinaT Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2013, 04:49 PM
    I wouldn't know. We do all dealings electronically per their policy. I've never even been to their office.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2013, 05:58 PM
    They might consider it an administration fee... which would not be on the lease... if it's a one time charge.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Mar 7, 2013, 06:16 PM
    Unless the fee was communicated to you beforehand, whether in the lease, fine print in their e-mail, or whatever, no, they are not entitled to charge the fee. Ask them how they figure they communicated this to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lease renewal fee applicable even for a new lease? [ 9 Answers ]

I am a landlord and I don't like the current lease which is about to expire. I want to write a new lease that will be better for the tenant and me (tennant is in agreement). However, the existing agreement states that I will need to pay one month rent as commission to the Real Estate company if the...

Florida - Lease Renewal -Termination Help [ 8 Answers ]

My husband and I had a one year lease on a property. We completed the lease with on-time payments for the duration. The lease called for notification of intent to renew 60 days before the lease expired. We completed that form, then found out a friend wanted to sell us her house. We informed the...

Condo lease in Florida [ 1 Answers ]

Does condo lease have to be notarized?

View more questions Search