Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davey1984 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2013, 01:21 PM
    Electrical answers
    Hi wonder if anyone can help? I'm unable to upgrade my current consumer unit at the moment but acknowledge it is very old style wire fuse ceramic fuse carrier style with no mcb or rcd protection. What I was wondering is if I was to fit a rcd to add some sort of protection to the house would I also need to install a double pole isolation swtich as well and if so would it go electric meter , double pole isolation, rcd, cu? Cheers dave.

Check out some similar questions!

Electrical questions and answers [ 4 Answers ]

I'm replacing a 240 baseboard heater with a 240 1500 watt baseboard heater. The original one was wired with 10-3 600 wire on a 30 amp circuit. Can I replace the 10-3 600 wire with 12-3 300 wire?

Electrical question and answers [ 2 Answers ]

GFI light stays lighted up won't go off worked fine forever just started doing it So I bought a new one and replaced it but it didn't solve my problem also it doesn't trip the Breaker its running on So Should I try replacing the breaker anyway with a new one too see if that so les the problem what...

Electrical questions answers [ 2 Answers ]

My mother lives in an older house. Some of the outlets are wired with 14/2 w/earth gnd (3 pronged outlets). Some are wired with 14/2 w/o earth gnd (2 pronged outlets). My mother uses a lot of "cheater plugs" (adapts 3 pronged cords to 2 pronged outlets). This leaves the appliance cases...

Electrical questions answers [ 1 Answers ]

I'm remodeling the kitchen and putting in new appliances . Im putting a 220 line in for a double oven where the refrigerator once was. The outlet where the oven is going is a 4 x 4 box with 1/2" EMT from the breaker box. Two questions: 1. Will 1/2 " EMT accomidate two 8 gauge hot wires...

Electrical questions and answers? [ 1 Answers ]

Have changed over bathroom fan, new one only has 2 connections old one had red yellow and blue, switch outside has red at top yellow at bottom and blue in separate connector block with others, new fan asks only for live and neutral, which wire should go where?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.