Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tyraw94 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2013, 10:12 AM
    Geometry-Rectangular Prism
    If the dimensions of a rectangular prism are 2 centimeters by 4 centimeters by 8 centimeters. What would the dimensions be of a cube that had the same volume?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Mar 6, 2013, 10:40 AM
    tyraw94: please show us your attempt at solving this. Do you know the formulas for calculating the volumes of a rectangular prism and of a cube? What do you get for the volume of this particular rectangular prism? Set that volume equal to the formula for volume of a cube and solve for the length of the cube's side.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tank with rectangular base [ 3 Answers ]

A tank with a rectangular base and rectangular sides is to be open a the top. It is to be constructed so that its width is 4 meters and its volume is 36 cubic meters. If building the tanks costs $10 per square meter for the base and $5 per square meter for the sides, what is the cost of the...

Rectangular loop with sides of length a= 1.30 cm and b= 3.80 cm is placed near a wire [ 1 Answers ]

Rectangular loop with sides of length a= 1.30 cm and b= 3.80 cm is placed near a wire that carries a current t? *** a rectangular loop with sides of length a= 1.30 cm and b= 3.80 cm is placed near a wire that carries a current that varies as a function of time: it=3.80 + 1.01t^2 where the current...

How to find good 12 by 12 inch rectangular ducting? [ 2 Answers ]

I've been searching all over the net for 12 by 12 inch rectangular ducting with at least 2-3 feet in length and as close as I can get was at mcmasters.com, which had 12 by 8. Every other site sells circular ducting, which I do not want. I was just wondering if people actually fabricate their own...

Rectangular prisms [ 3 Answers ]

There are 3 rectangular prisms (whose length width and height are whole numbers in centimetres), whick have a surface area of 54cm2. Their lengths are 3cm, 6cm and 13cm. Find the width and height of each. Is there a formula for this. Find the volume of each of the 3 prisms and arrange them in...

Rectangular block [ 1 Answers ]

A rectangular block has a height of 20cm and a square base of side 10 cm. It is placed with its square base on a rectangular board . When the board is tilted about one edge, it makes an angle A with the horizontal when the block is at the point of toppling over . Find the value of A.

View more questions Search