Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moonlite Posts: 90, Reputation: 3

Mar 6, 2013, 03:21 AM
    why teeth pain ?
    Not long ago I had some dental work done on the left. I had a cavity fixed in the upper teeth and a temporary crown on the lower side (waiting for permanent crown). Before this work, I had no pain at all. But now two weeks later I feel pain intermittently in both upper and lower side that seems to extend even to the good teeth that did not have any work on them. The dentist examined my teeth and said everything looks fine and that this pain will go away in time. I am starting to question his judgment. Could the pain medication or x-ray have caused some permanent damage ? I can't explain this pain two weeks after the dental work.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 6, 2013, 04:11 AM
    The pain could be from your teeth not matching correctly when chewing, which means the occlusion needs fixing and this should be done after fitting the permanent crown. Occlusion problems sometimes occur even with a tooth filling. Actually it should be done anyway with the temporary crown.

Ask about that. If so, it is a temporary thing and if you normally react to pain in a big way then I can understand why it is uncomfortable.

The pain med could not have caused some permanent damage, nor the X ray.
    honestwriter Posts: 16, Reputation: 3

Mar 8, 2013, 08:13 AM
    Did you do a root canal treatment for the lower tooth ? And are both the upper and lower teeth that you are talking about on the same side of the face ?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2013, 08:26 AM
    I am not a dentist, but have had many, many trips to a dentist. I now wear dentures, and sure am glad of it. I have had any kind of pain you can think of in the past!
    No, novacain or whatever shouldn't cause any permanent damage (unless you are allergic to it, then it will stay around for awhile), and x-rays can't cause it either.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pain in teeth after extraction [ 1 Answers ]

I had a deep filling 5 days ago followed by excrutiating pain in my teeth top right and bottom right hand side.Had tooth removed today-took hour and a half due to roots being in an unusual position.The pain has come back.Its unbearable.In my teeth on right hand side cheek and ear.Having the tooth...

Why am I having pain in my regular teeth after I got all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I just got my wisdom teeth removed 5 days ago. I wanted to know when I would be able to lay flat in bed? I have been propping up my head with pillows for the past 4 nights and wanted to know when is a good time to start sleeping normally. Also, I am having a lot of pain in my lower left side of...

Throbbing pain on floor of mouth accompanied by some pain on teeth directly on area? [ 0 Answers ]

Yesterday I began feeling some swelling with irritation like symptoms on floor of mouth, tonight its accom[anied by a throbbing sensation and pain with numbness like sensation on the teeth directly on gum by loor ofmouth area..

Pain behind teeth that moves to ear [ 5 Answers ]

I sometimes wake up with pain behind my teeth that will sometimes move to my ear. It can be fairly painful and then the pain will disappear. Is this a problem with my sinuses? Will it go away on it's own?

Wisdom Teeth pain [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new here, but I wanted to ask some questions about wisdom teeth. I have my upper right wisdom tooth, I can feel the others trying to come in. I am waiting on my insurance to kick in so I can have them removed. What is best for pain until I can get this done? :confused:

View more questions Search