Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    601Beautiful Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2013, 06:31 PM
    Am I really bipolar?
    I go from 0 to 100 in a second when I get mad. I over analyze everything. I stay either mad or sad. Im always alone and my family wants nothing to do with me. I get nervous when I get around a group of people. Idk what's wrong with me. I use to be a bad little girl but Im 25 now and totally opposite from the way I use to be. I jump from relationship to relationship like I cannot be alone I don't have insurance to seek help so what can I possibly do? How can I deal with my feelings. Its like I'm extra sensitive when it comes to everything. Plus, I have no one to talk to about it or care. I feel like Im going crazy. Please help.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 5, 2013, 06:40 PM
    We can't diagnose you over the internet. It's not possible.

Have you asked your family to help you pay for therapy to find out what's going on?

That's your best bet.

Good luck.
    601Beautiful Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2013, 06:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    We can't diagnose you over the internet. It's not possible.

Have you asked your family to help you pay for therapy to find out what's going on?

That's your best bet.

Good luck.
    Not a chance...
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 5, 2013, 06:58 PM
    If you are in the US, go to an ER and connect with a social worker. A lot of counselors in private practice work on a sliding scale and charge according to what you can afford. There is help out there for you. Or call the reference desk at your library. They will give you names of counselors to call.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 5, 2013, 07:01 PM
    Call your county or township human resources office to connect with a county psychologist/psychiatrist (sliding scale).
    Muffie123 Posts: 25, Reputation: 3

Mar 5, 2013, 07:08 PM
    Even though you do not have insurance there are still ways to seek medical help. Here is an article that may help you.
    How to Find a Doctor When You Have No Insurance

You cannot possibly diagnose yourself because obviously you are not a doctor. If you are really having issues, you should see a psychiatrist. They can properly diagnose you, and prescribe you medication to help you. Here is another link to find psychiatrists in your area. Call ones that are closest to you and see what you can work out based on your insurance situation.
    Psychiatry - State Directory

Not all psychiatrists are in private practice, so therapists are also found in the office. So, you could ask the psychiatrist who they suggest based on your diagnosis. Psychiatrists strictly provide medication, not therapy. However, you may not even need medication, you may just need someone to talk to. Even if the psychiatrist is in a private practice, they could still recommend a therapist in your area. They all have connections! Therapists take in everything you have to say, and provide you with coping mechanisms to your problems. They delve into the root of your problems to help you overcome them. Depending on how much trouble you are having, they most likely will want to see you once a week.

Now, like I said you cannot diagnose yourself. But, to educate yourself, this website describes bipolar disorder. It is a very serious mental illness, and can be alleviated with medication, but can be difficult to diagnose because it could just be that you suffer from depression. Luckily you are at an age where teenage hormones can be singled out.
    Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder: Mania and Depression Phases

Do not be afraid to seek help, it could really turn your life around! I wish you the best of luck :)
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2013, 07:27 PM
    I agree with the others that we cannot diagnose you. There can be a lot of explanations for your behavior. It sounds like you don't have anyone and your family isn't very reliable for you or supportive, and this alone can explain your behaviors and feelings. You may just be so hurt and afraid of being hurt more that you have developed a "don't mess with me" kind of personality, and a short fuse. This isn't uncommon among people who have suffered a lot of disappointments from other people they relied upon.

I am not a psychologist but my understanding of bipolar disorder is that sufferers cycle between highs and lows where they have excessive energy and are overly enthusiastic and positive for periods, and then go into black, depressive stages as well.

When you are going through a difficult time, you don't need to have a diagnosable disorder to exhibit some symptoms that are characteristic of some disorders. A perfectly healthy person can be short tempered under stress or when rushed, overtired or overstressed. Ask any parent of an obstinant three year old!

I agree you should contact your county social service workers and ask about counseling services. They can probably find someone for you. Also be mindful of free support that's out there if you have grown up in difficult situations. For example, if you grew up in an alcoholic home, there is an organization called Adult Children of Alcoholics, which is wonderful. I'm not suggesting you grew up in an alcoholic home, just letting you know that there are free support groups out there, too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I Bipolar? [ 2 Answers ]

My ear just started this nonsense this morning!And the lol thing about it is I have done nothing except use an ear swab and no progress!! HELP ME PLEASE I'M DESPTRITE!

Bipolar boyfriend- what's him and what's the bipolar? [ 2 Answers ]

Here's the background info: I am 23 years old, in college, still living at home. My boyfriend, of a few weeks shy of 2 years is bipolar. He is 22 years old, works for his dad, and still lives at home as well. He is on many medications for the bipolar, including: depakote, wellbutrin, lexapro,...

Am I Bipolar? [ 7 Answers ]

I came across this forum by accident and decided to join in hopes that someone out there is either experiencing the same thing I am experiencing or has heard of something similar. I am 28 years old and married to an amazing man who is understanding, very calm and collective. My life sounds great,...

Could I be bipolar? [ 4 Answers ]

How can I get an idea of whether I might be bipolar? I know you need to see a doctor to know for sure, but I just want to know if it could be a possibility before I go through the trouble of seeing a doctor. I feel depressed and worthless a lot of the time. But sometimes I just can't stop...

Is he bipolar? [ 3 Answers ]

I think my boyfriend is bipolar. He has some of the symptoms like sometimes he tells me that he feels better than everyone else. Sometimes when I talk to him he feels depressed and low and then the next minuet he's happy and hyper. He also told me that he has "racing thoughts" and finds it hard to...

View more questions Search