Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chiquitita254 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2013, 01:59 PM
    Assuming a current ratio of 1.0 and an acid-test ratio of 0.80, how will the borrowin
    Assuming a current ratio of 1.0 and an acid-test ratio of 0.80, how will the borrowing of cash by issuing a six-month note payable affect each ratio?

Decrease the current ratio and decrease the acid-test ratio.
    Increase the current ratio and increase the acid-test ratio.
    No change to the current ratio and increase the acid-test ratio.
    Decrease the current ratio and increase the acid-test ratio.

Mar 5, 2013, 02:31 PM
    Region Jet has a $50 million liability at December 31, 2012, of which $10 million is
    Region Jet has a $50 million liability at December 31, 2012, of which $10 million is payable in 2013. In its December 31, 2012 balance sheet, the company reports the $50 million debt as

A $10 million current liability and a $40 million long-term liability on the balance
    Sheet.
    A $50 million long-term liability on the balance sheet.
    A $50 million current liability on the balance sheet.
    A $40 million current liability and a $10 million long-term liability on the balance sheet.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 5, 2013, 02:46 PM
    What do YOU think ?
    While we're happy to HELP we won't do all the work for you.
    Show us what you have done and where you are having problems..

Mar 5, 2013, 06:15 PM
    I already figured it out 10 million current and 40 long term. I was just having a hard time trying to figure out how you categorize the two things.

Mar 5, 2013, 06:17 PM
    For the ratio question I thought that if you increase the liabilities (increasing the denominator) that both would decrease, but I was wrong. What am I missing?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Current ratio, acid-test ratio [ 1 Answers ]

The current asset section of Stibbe Pharmaceutical Company’s balance sheet included cash of $20,000 and accounts receivable of $40,000. The only other current asset is inventories. The company’s current ratio is 2.0 and its acid-test ratio is 1.5. Determine the ending balance in inventories and...

Current Ratio & Acid-Test Ratio [ 1 Answers ]

I know the formula for both ratios. Current Ratio = current assets/current liabilities Acid-Test Ratio = (Cash Short-Term Investments Current Receivables)/Current Liabilities ... but I don't know what numbers to use for these. The numbers I have for my general journal are... DEBITS

If A Company Has An Acid Test Ratio Of 0.95 And Its Current Assets Consist Of Cash, A [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a formula to determine the value of the inventory from an acid test ratio of 0.95?

Current ratio against acid ratio [ 1 Answers ]

Why current ratio is increasing while the acid ratio is decreasing

View more questions Search