Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vaitashi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2013, 01:39 PM
    I need help with absolute equations?
    I understand the basic concept of absolute value but I don't understand this.

|x√3:(457)+√2:(101)|+ 2√5:(423)= -√5:(423)

what I wrote above is the equation I need help on. If you don't understand what it says then I will tell you.

So what my equation is the absolute value signopened of cube root of 457 plus square root of 101 absolute sign closed plus 2, 5th root of 423= - 5th root of 423
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Mar 5, 2013, 03:20 PM
    Please clarify - is this what you mean?

and you need to solve for x? The problem with this is that the fifth root of 423 is either a positive number or complex - are you studying complex numbers? - and so the left hand side is a positive number and the right hand side is negative, which can't be. Please check to see if there isn't an error in what you wrote.

Also, for future reference you can use the notation ^n to mean "raised tho the nth power," so the fifth root of 423 can be written as 423^(1/5).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rewrite equations as balanced chemical equations [ 8 Answers ]

Magnesium chloride yield sulfur dioxide Calcium carbonate yields calcium oxide plus carbon dioxide Nitrogen plus hygrogen yield ammonia Hydrochloric acid plus sodium hydroxide yield sodium chloride plus water

How to write chemical equations from word equations? [ 4 Answers ]

How to write chemical equations from word equations? Like compounds like Sodium Chloride

Deriving chemical equations from balanced net ionic equations? [ 1 Answers ]

1.) NaCl (aq) + MnO2 (s) -------->Mn2+ (aq) + Cl2 (g) in H2SO4 2.) KCN (aq) + KMno4 (aq) --------> CNO- (aq) + MnO2(s) in KOH

View more questions Search