Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rbarr00 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2007, 03:40 PM
    Only one normal period after miscarriage in Jan.now 2 weeks late.
    I was 16 weeks pregnant when I had to have an emergency D&C on January 9, 2007. I healed quickly and had a normal period on February 8, 2007. My periods are usually regular and have never really been affected by previous stressful times in my life. My partner and I weren't going to try to get pregnant until after all the blood tests came back and we set up a plan with the doctor, but I am now 12 days late and I spotted about 2 weeks ago. I'm nervous that I may be pregnant and that it may be too soon since my loss.

I had blood work drawn, a quantitative HcG test last Friday, and am waiting to hear the results of that test soon. The trouble is that I likely still have the leftover hormone from the last pregnancy and my doctor warned us that if I get pregnant before 3 months after the loss then it will be difficult to tell whether I'm pregnant or not.:confused:

:( I still hold a lot of guilt about the last pregnancy because I was 9 weeks when I found out I was pregnant and was still taking birth control... although doctors say this shouldn't have caused the miscarriage I still feel like I did something wrong. I wanted to plan well for the next pregnancy and am scared that if I am pregnant, I may have already ruined my chances of having a healthy pregnancy. I can't find any articles online that are helpful... seems I'm the only one dumb enough to manage to get pregnant again so soon... can someone help?
    ghost56 Posts: 283, Reputation: 26

Mar 20, 2007, 06:53 AM
    Stop feeling guilty, there is no scientific evidence that the pill causes any problems to the fetus or the pregnancy. Unfortunately miscarriages can happen for many unknown reasons. Wait for the results of your blood test and good luck.
    flmom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2007, 09:09 AM
    Only one normal period after miscarriage in Jan.now 2 weeks late.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi. I'm sorry to hear what you're going through, but very glad to find someone VERY similar to my situation. I had a miscarriage in Jan. and had a D&C Jan. 25th and had only one normal cycle 2/26-3/2. I am now thinking I am pregnant again (according to home pregnant. Test). I am surprised, shocked, WORRIED, and not feeling so smart for getting pregnant so soon when I read all these articles that say to wait 6mos. My doctor has told me about sev. Patients who got pregnant. After only 1-2 cycles and had fine healthy pregnancies after miscarriage, but the nurse-midwife recommended waiting 3-4 cycles. I've had 2 prior healthy pregnancies: 3/25/03 boy, and 1/25/05 girl. Don't beat yourself up- your body knew something you didn't. Please update your post so we can know how you are doing. Try not to stress too much (easier said than done, I know!). I felt guilty when found out I was pregnant. Last time because of my other 2 and cried and stressed a lot and felt I somehow caused the miscarriage. My 1st app't. Will be on the 13th. BTW, check out Yahoo Answers--- I saw a post there with a woman's posting ? Being "when should i try conceiving again after miscarriage"--there were lots of real life answers from peo. Who got pregnant. Right away and also had healthy pregnancies. Hope that everything turns out for you...
    Royalty2390 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2011, 07:30 PM
    Hey , I had a miscarrige on OCT 1st . Had a normal period Nov 17th and now its Jan 1st ? I'm not sure if this is normal or not.. everyone here who is saying the same thing seem to be pregnant ? Is my best bet to go to the doctors and test again as well?!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 1/2 weeks late [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a mother of 4 boys and I am trying to have a girl. My LMP was on January 18, 2007 had all symptoms, except the test results were negative, 8 HPT's and 1 blood test, all negative and still no cycle. Could I be pregnant? I feel pregnant, and my OB/GYN said I could just have low hormone but...

Late period of 2 weeks but negative result [ 1 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I just have a few questions that I want to ask if anyone has got an answer canyou please message back. Well I have a late period of about 2 and a half weeks now. I took a HPT 5 days ago. I am going to take another one Sunday to see what that says as I have a few symptoms of pregnancy...

Is it a miscarriage or implantation bleeding or period [ 2 Answers ]

Can you help me, my last period was 27 dec , the period was strange very brown and discharge , and it only lasst for 3 days , January, no period had I test on the 29 jan negative, having sore breast , but negative , on the é feb went to the toilet wiped myself and had a little blood it is now the 4...

I'm 3 weeks late [ 4 Answers ]

My periods were regular utill I stopped the pill I am late by 3 weeks I don't think I am pregnant and I have already had a baby my last period finished o the 12 th of September they normally last for about 3 to 5 days

1.5 weeks late [ 4 Answers ]

Im 1 1/2 Weeks Late, I Have Very Light Crampy Feelings Off And On My Breast Have Been Tender For About A Week Or Two, Im Wondering Could I Be Pregnant. Or Could It Just Be Something Else.

View more questions Search