Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ananya bhattacharjee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2007, 03:12 PM
    Caught in the middle
    Hi all,
    I’ m in living in relation for about a year now, and my partner suddenly started talking against my parents especially about my stepfather. He wants me to keep away from them and recently he told me not send them financial help.
    Now my problem is that I can’t ignore my parents and stop giving them financial help and I can’t even tell my family problems to my partner. I don’t know how to convince my partner. Please advice me.:confused:
    Squiffy Posts: 499, Reputation: 84

Mar 19, 2007, 03:15 PM
    Any partner who starts asking you not to see friends and family is probably a control freak and you need to nip this in the bud. No one has the right to tell you not to see your family or friends, and a loving partner wouldn't ask you too. As for the financila help you give your parents, if you can aford it fair enough, if you are struggling to survive yourself then I can see your partners point of view. If you are comfortable, and both earn the family income then it doesn't matter.
    tashanlou Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

May 21, 2007, 06:49 AM
    Is it really worth losing your family over a lad?Lads come and go but your familyare always going to be there no matter.There is no point letting your partner coming in between you and your family as families are the most important thing in life
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 21, 2007, 07:59 AM
    You don't have to convince him of anything, since these are your folks. He can't tell you how to treat them that's up to you. Tell him that the subject is not up for discussion. As for the finances, as long as you can afford it, and you work, still up to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Caught up on MySpAcE! [ 7 Answers ]

Hi everyone, My boyfriend of nearly a year is still trying to communicate with an"ex" or old "friend" is what he called her. He's trying because on the site "myspace" he is requesting her as a friend and I know because I have his password.But he told me he don't have no dealings with her and that...

After Being Caught Shoplifting [ 4 Answers ]

Im 17 yrs old, and my sister is 12. We live in Queen Anne's County, which is located in Maryland. We were caught shoplifting in our local Kmart, and they had said that they saw me blocking my younger sister while she unwrapped everything and put it into her purse, it was true, and we admitted to it...

Caught in the middle [ 30 Answers ]

I have a friend who is a single mother of 3. She is a wonderful lady, super mom, and loving friend. However, she is extremely hung up on one of my husband's friends. My husband's friend James just got out of a rather rocky marriage, and is not really into having a relationship. However, a couple...

Caught in the middle... [ 3 Answers ]

I fell in love with my best friend of 6 years and 1 year ago we finally admitted our love for each other. He dated another girl before me and broke up with her when he realized he loved me instead. I was dating a mutual friend of ours at the time, but broke up with him around the same time. The guy...

Caught in the middle [ 1 Answers ]

About a month a go I went to a used car dealer and bought a car. In the state of New Hampshire you have to get the car inspected. I went and got it inspected and my mechanic passed it. Well just today while driving my right control wheel broke and thank god I wasn't hurt. I called aaa and had them...

View more questions Search