Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Happydays1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2013, 02:10 AM
    I've sent out a business introduction letter, should I make a follow-up call?
    Hi,

I've recently started up a new business, having completed research on my target audience, I sent out a number of business introduction letters by post, should I make a follow-up call or email requesting some feedback?

Many thanks
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 5, 2013, 03:50 AM
    Following up on your introduction letter is the natural progression, that is why you do it. I would suggest calling to get the proper person to speak to. Just remember, never ask a question that can be answered with a flat out NO! Of course, if, when calling, you get the opportunity to visit, then do it immediately.
    Happydays1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2013, 05:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Following up on your introduction letter is the natural progression, that is why you do it. I would suggest calling to get the proper person to speak to. Just remember, never ask a question that can be answered with a flat out NO! Of course, if, when calling, you get the opportunity to visit, then do it immediately.
    Many thanks for your prompt response Tickle and your advice therein, having reread my question I see that I was not as clear as I should have been, i.e. what I meant to ask was, is it more appropriate to make a follow-up call or alternatively send a follow-up email - which is considered more professional or is it an issue at all?

Again many thanks for your help!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 6, 2013, 06:00 AM
    I would do neither. A lot depends on the nature of the business, as well as what your introduction said.
    For most business, they just throw an introduction in the trash without reading it.
    Business is all about an impression in the first 3 seconds. That means a glossy 5 x 7 postcard of smiling employees with charter rates for products or services on the back. COST and QUALITY are the bottom line, but you don't say it, you prove it with prices and facts.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 6, 2013, 09:05 AM
    Do neither, don't agree. Common business practice after doing a mail out has always been the follow up.

Happy, whichever way you want to do the follow up, and I do think I covered that, whichever way you are comfortable with. Just don't allow all that preliminary expense and work 'die on the vine' so to speak.

I don't know how many you sent out, but all is worth it to follow up. You have to build a client base somehow and you have just provided yourself with the opportunity.

Good luck on the follow up. Get your foot in that door!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 6, 2013, 09:21 AM
    You can throw bad money after bad.
    Or you can go by what statistics on such 'letters of introduction' show.
    I am aware of some of them, which is why I asked what kind of business, because it matters.
    OP has given no indication of building a client base either. It appears that this is the effort to build that base.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Business introduction letter [ 2 Answers ]

I want to write a letter to a company's director introducing my institute and willingness to take students in my school. Please advise me on writing a impressive business letter Regards, Esh

Letter of business introduction [ 2 Answers ]

I need to write an introduction letter to introduce my company to some household. Kindly give me a sample of how it will look like. Thanks in anticipation.

Introduction Letter for new business [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, Could you please if you have any sample letter regarding introduction of new business for customer of domestics services and appliance also automotive services. I would be very thankful for it. Thanks, Azam

View more questions Search