Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laubster Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2007, 02:47 PM
    How to rewire a phone jack?
    When I moved into my house the original owers had comcast for the phone co, so we went with them. Later on we changed back to qwest for better service options and they came out and rewire one of our phone jacks and at the time we only had them to the one in the kitchen and now I need to get 3 other jacks in the house working and they want to charge me 99.00 to come out and 60.00 per jack. How can I do this myself?
    SoopaDuck Posts: 17, Reputation: 4

Apr 16, 2007, 03:07 PM
    Phone-man's Home Phone Wiring Advice Page.  Adding a Jack to an Existing Phone Line
    acicomp Posts: 81, Reputation: 9

Apr 19, 2007, 04:03 PM
    Do you know which wires they are in the NID (Customer Access Panel) on the outside of your house? If so, you will see your kitchen wire already hooked up to two screws in the box. Usually red and green. Once you locate the other wires, you can easily just loosen the screws that the kitchen wire is hooked to and connect the other wires with corresponding red and green. Make sure all the wires have good contact and the copper looks fresh. In other words, make sure that the wire is no corroded or yo may get static. You should be able to easily just strip the wire and get good solid copper. If you have any questions feel free to let me know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to rewire a phone jack [ 4 Answers ]

I need some help. This house had at one time two different phone lines. We now have only one phone line working. I need to find out how to rewire one of the jacks that was hooked up to the other number. The phone company is going to charge us $120 to come out and do this, but they tell me that...

How to rewire a phone line on the outside box [ 1 Answers ]

How do you rewire a phone line connection on the outside box?

Rewire phone jack for 2 lines [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering how simple it was to rewire a phone jack for 2 lines. The phone co. charges $100 to do it. Can anyone help?

Rewire phone line [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am remodeling my garage into a living space. In order to add windows to my new living space I have to move the phone line in the wall. It goes through the middle of the proposed window. If I disconnect the line and move it down in the wall it will no longer reach the NID. It has to be...

How to rewire a telephone jack [ 1 Answers ]

Have two lines but only one of them has ADSL. Computer is close to jack connected to line without ADSL. How can this jack be rewired for the line with ADSL? Thanks.

View more questions Search