Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tilly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2007, 02:20 PM
    Bridesmaid and best man gifts
    I am getting married in August and my fiancée and I have already purchased gifts for the best man, bridesmaid, flower girl and witness. When is it considered etiquette to give them these gifts. Can I do it as part of my groom's speech or should it be before the ceremony? Many thanks
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 19, 2007, 02:24 PM
    We passed our gifts out at the rehearsal dinner when we thanked them for being part of our day.
    jdkid75 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2007, 08:56 AM
    You can do either really. I gave them out as part of the groom's speech. Whereas my cousin met with their friends the night before and gave them their presents then. When I was bride's maid for a friend, she gave me a necklace to wear when we were getting ready on the morning of the wedding, so you see it really depends on the circumstance and what you have got for them.
    Anayden Posts: 67, Reputation: 19

Apr 9, 2007, 02:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilly
    I am getting married in August and my fiancee and I have already purchased gifts for the best man, bridesmaid, flower girl and witness. When is it considered etiquette to give them these gifts. Can I do it as part of my groom's speech or should it be before the ceremony ?? Many thanks
    I am studying to be a wedding planner and actually the proper time to give it to them is at the rehearsal dinner. Or even at a party thrown in their honor, just to show your appreciation.
    advicecritic Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2007, 09:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilly
    I am getting married in August and my fiancee and I have already purchased gifts for the best man, bridesmaid, flower girl and witness. When is it considered etiquette to give them these gifts. Can I do it as part of my groom's speech or should it be before the ceremony ?? Many thanks
    You should give them there gifts at the rehearsal dinner! Or you could give them at the wedding reception after or during the grooms speech, whatever works well for you. You could even make a speech and include your wedding party in your speech and have them come forward to get there gifts one at a time. Best wishes :)
    lacuran8626 Posts: 270, Reputation: 57

Apr 21, 2007, 09:02 AM
    I agree. The rehearsal dinner is the right time. Have a lovely celebration and a life-long, close marriage!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnant bridesmaid? [ 15 Answers ]

Hi, I'm thinking of planning a family sometime next year,I'm on the pill at the moment!The thing is my best friend has asked me to be her bridesmaid in sept of next year and I don't think she wants me to be her "fat bridesmaid" as she called it! So I keep wondering when the best time will be,also I...

Bridesmaid issue - what would you have done? [ 10 Answers ]

Hey girls, This is my first post on this site and I am just looking for other people's opinion on a situation that I put myself into and handled like … I could - I might have over thought the whole thing but I guess I couldn't let it go. Anyway here it is: I originally only wanted my sister as...

New apartment gifts [ 2 Answers ]

What is an appropriate gift to give a young couple that has just moved into their first apartment.

Costs of gifts? [ 1 Answers ]

I haven't been to a wedding in a very long time. Now asked to two weddings, and a wedding reception celebrating a Vegas wedding all in Mar. & April. I am a new business owner and low on any fun funds. What kind of prices is the smallest without seeming cheap or insulting? All of these people are...

Bridesmaid issue [ 2 Answers ]

I asked 2 of my friends to be bridesmaids 2 years ago when I got engaged. I haven't heard from them more than twice each in the last 2 years time. (We used to talk weekly, and hang out often). One of them got married, and I did get invited, but haven't spoken to her outside of that. The other moved...

View more questions Search