Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    the gunslinger Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2013, 02:53 PM
    Penis skin tearing. Very frustrated and annoyed
    Hey everyone,

Ok so I've had this problem going on about a month, maybe 1.5 months now.

Im 29, caucasian, circumsized male. Not to get into TMI but I feel I'm averagely endowed. Ive never had this problem before and I've been sexually active for well over 11 yrs now.

I was having sex with my wife about a month ago, and felt a sting. We finished and id realized what had happened, as id occasionally had very tiny tears before but they always healed and never came back. I had 2 tears on my penis, right below the head, where the skin joins the shaft. One on top and one on bottom, both were about the size of a small grain of rice. Wed always gotten around this problem with a lot of extra lubricant, as she is on citalopram and that has given her some issues getting wet enough. Again, the problem was never this serious until recently.

So I waited a week, the tears seemed to heal. We had sex again. They reopened again. Same spots, only a little bigger this time. Annoyed, I waited 3 weeks with no masturbation, no sex, nothing at all. And again the same thing happened. It stings so bad now I don't even want to try to have sex or masterbate, and its frustrating because the longer I try not to the worse the urge for it becomes. The tear on the bottom is half healed, absolutely no signs of infection, IE discharge or smell or anything, but the skin is a red raw looking color, has been for a very long time now. Ive done a lot of googling and found lots of men are having this problem but there seems to be no real solution.

Im finally biting the bullet and going to see my doctor this week. Im embarrassed as hell about this. And its depressing as well.

The only other thing I can add, is I've been doing kegelling excersizes to try to increase my size, which I think has worked as my wife has commented on it a bit, but then if my size is increasing, should my penile skin not look tighter?

Suffice to say this is an extremely frustrating, painful, and annoying problem, and its completely killed any intimacy with my wife and I. Im always scared its going to hurt (because the last 7 or 8 times it always has, bad) and I don't even want to try.

Ill be seeing my doctor either way about this, but does anyone have any idea what I can do about this on a home treatment level?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 3, 2013, 04:25 PM
    The drug she is taking has a serious side effect of skin rash that must be reported immediately, but I have never heard of it affecting a sex partner. I wonder if that is what happened, however - an allergic reaction on your part, to the composition it is in when excreted in the urine (and some traces of that urine are around her vagina). I'm really guessing based on the fact that you never had it before, and it coincided with her taking this drug. Talk to your pharmacist, the doctor, and contact the company making the drug. It is sold under several brands. She should talk to her prescriber about possibly changing to another medication. It may not be easy to get anyone to pursue this as a possibility.

Mar 3, 2013, 04:38 PM
    Hey Joy,

I'll most def bring this up with my doctor, however I'm not certain my wife's medication in this instance is to blame, she's been on it for 3 or 4 yrs now and we've never had this type of problem. Maybe she put her on a different brand or something but ill most definitely look into it. I want to explore all possibilities even if remote.

Ill def keep updating as I find more info.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 3, 2013, 04:53 PM
    Does she take any other drug, prescribed or nutritional supplement? Do you? Do you smoke tobacco or pot? What is the lubricant? Do you have any skin conditions elsewhere on your body? Has she had problems with vaginal dryness ever since she started on the drug? Has her dosage increased?
    I would write answers to all those down to take with you.
    Everything you put in your body has an effect on your entire body.
    That drug is a hydrobromide. I'm no chemist, but given the long list of side effects, some of which are skin eruptions, I would give it some attention, if something more obvious isn't found.

Mar 3, 2013, 05:03 PM
    Hey joy :)

Thanks for your replies,

No she only takes citalopram for depression. No supplements or anything of that sort. Neither of us smoke, drink or do any recreational drugs. The lubricants we've used are always water based from the adult store. Those haven't changed in the last 4 ot 5 yrs. I don't have any other kind of skin issue whatsoever, she did used to have really bad acne and was on acutane, but that was well before I met her and she's been off it for 6+ yrs now. Her dryness started right when she went on citalopram, our doctor warned us about this so it wasn't a surprise.

To my knowledge her dosage has not increased but ill double check on that.

I myself am also on wellbutrin, I have been for the same amount of time as she has with her medication. Also for depression, I went on it because it was the only medication that didn't cause any kind of erectile functional issues. Ive never had a problem with it at all.

Ill definitely take those answers to our GP. And ill absolutely keep you posted.

Thank you again for your replies!! Very much appreciated!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Red dots on penis and penis head, also peeling skin on tip of penis! [ 26 Answers ]

Okay so this problem has been going on for about a month and a half now, well a month and a half ago my girlfriend and I had sex but we used a different condom than usual, but during the sex I took off the condom and began having sex again. I'd say a week or so later my penis started itching very...

Lump under skin on penis [ 3 Answers ]

I have just noticed a small lump under the skin of my penis shaft. More near the top towards the head. It is not a pimple or from shaving. I am 23yr old. It feels like a cyst that will move around but stays intact with the under skin. It is more pronounced when erect since I'm guessing the shaft...

Bump under skin comes to the top of skin on penis? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a sexually active 18 year old male. I have been with the same girlfriend for 2 years, we both lost our virginity to each other, and as far as we know have no STDs. A few days ago I noticed a little bump on the right side of my penis, nothing to worry about. It seemed like it was under the skin,...

Thinning bleeding, bruising amd tearing skin [ 1 Answers ]

I have Crohns disease, and have been on Prednisone in the past, but not for l2 years, and I have played a lot of out door sport, my skin is horrific, with its bruising and bleeding, and tearing, is there a supplement I can take for this? I cover my arms now when in the sun. Cheers, Starwoman

I had skin infection on head of my penis & surrounding skin [ 1 Answers ]

I had skin infection on my penis for which I applied flucort C ointment which cured it all, but now I have started developing some pimple dots on the end curvature of the head. Kindly recommend what to be done??

View more questions Search