Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zekemk88 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2013, 04:07 PM
    Asperger's and lazy eye
    I have an asperger's syndrome and I have a lazy eye and I had 3 surgery to fix up my eyes since birth. Right now, my eyes water out and get blurred vision What I should do? Is Asperger Syndrome a mental disease since birth?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 2, 2013, 04:14 PM
    How old are you?
    What are your signs of Asperger's? Asperger's can be so mild that you can adjust to social situations without many problems at all. It's not a diagnosis that is etched in stone, if you are young and just having trouble adapting. I wonder if it isn't sometimes too easily diagnosed. But we have a regular responder here whose brilliant husband has it and I think he gets by OK.
    I don't know about the watery eyes. There's too many questions about the surgeries, so that's a question for the surgeon or your regular doctor.

I have a friend who has had a lazy eye his whole life. His mother was told that he was retarded because he couldn't sit up at the right time. Turns out he is your typical MIT guy brilliant who teaches at the college level. He never had surgery.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 2, 2013, 04:15 PM
    Asperger's is NOT a mental disease! Your brain is wired differently in various ways from other people's brains. I'm married to a guy with Asperger's. You are probably very smart but don't like to be touched, right? You don't like changes and you think in pictures, right?

Your eye is a separate situation. Have you seen your eye doctor lately about it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I think my boyfriend has Asperger's, what do I do? [ 8 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together for over two years. We love each other more than anything in the world, and I love him for who he is. I fell in love with him for all the positive traits that Aspies are said to possess - his intense focus and intelligence, his fair-mindedness, his calm and...

Lazy Eye [ 13 Answers ]

My father, his father, and his father have all had lazy eyes. I also have a lazy eye. I am 14 and want to know if because I have a bad eye (my left) it will affect getting a driving license when I am older. I read up on it and I'd also like to know what causes it in me. It's obviously genetic but...

Lazy Eye [ 2 Answers ]

As far as I know, I've always had lazy eye. I had my first surgery when I was 4 years old (1988). The doctor botched it and now I have a tendency to have my chin in the air to balance my eyes out. Naturally, I was made fun of for this a lot growing up and made for rather embarrassing class...

View more questions Search