Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tableclocks Posts: 432, Reputation: 2

Mar 2, 2013, 10:58 AM
    Old shingles OK to use
    The glue tabs don't line up on these shingle from 1996... garage kept... will they still be OK to use... what about the glue strips not lineing up for a 5 inch exspouser... thanks... richard
    Attached Images

Mcsap9213 Posts: 99, Reputation: 10

Mar 2, 2013, 11:35 AM
    If it was a shed , I wouldn't be as concerned. If it is your house , I would be concerned that the glue area would not seal properly.
    tableclocks Posts: 432, Reputation: 2

Mar 2, 2013, 05:01 PM
    So do you have a answer as to why the glue strips don't line up from front to back?
    Were they made wrong.. is that the way they are sopost to be ?
    Is a 5 inch exspouser correct fot this shingle ? Do you have any real answers ?
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2013, 06:50 PM
    5 '' to the weather is right.

The plastic strip is used so the shingles do not stick together while in package. The tar spots are located about 2'' from bottom edge of shingle that is placed on top. There is nothing wrong with them and are fine to use.

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Shingles [ 2 Answers ]

Can I be around my father in law while I am pregnant while he has shingles? I am not immune to rubella so I was told to stay away from odd illness's... what should I do?

Shingles [ 4 Answers ]

Can you get shingles in the genital area?

Shingles [ 2 Answers ]

3 weeks ago I was dx'ed with shingles, although (thank goodness) they never broke through the skin. They gave me a shot, prescribed anti-viral (which I refilled once) and pain meds (non addictive). I have the prickly, almost feverish pain. SOME itching sometimes. Clothing w/ANY elastic...

Could I have shingles? [ 5 Answers ]

I work at a day care where some children have come down with chicken pox, I have already had the chicken pox but have red bumps on the back of my neck and shoulder. They are not very itchy or painful but they are itchy and feel like some one is pinching me at times. Do I have Shingles? And...

View more questions Search