Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lucca23v2 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2007, 12:45 PM
    Can I sue?
    Hello, Last Monday I was in a meeting with my co-worker and my supervisor in the supervisors office. While in this meeting, my supervisor called one of the partners and put her on speakerphone without letting her know. The partner also did not know we were in the office. During the phone conversation the partner was speaking about me and stated "She needs to learn how to cover her a$$.. her fat a$$ ." I have reported the incident to the correct people here at the company. My question is.. can I sue the partner or the company or both for what the partner stated?

Thanks for your help.

Lucca
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 19, 2007, 12:56 PM
    Rule of thumb, anyone can sue anyone for anything. However, you won't always win. What are your damages that you think you should recover? The comment was impolite and very inappropriate but you have not suffered danages. I suspect your supervisor will be looking for work very soon.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2007, 01:00 PM
    Agreeing that yes you can sue, but you don't have a good chance of winning unless you can prove they have passed you over for promotions etc because they don't like you. You need to show his attitudes toward you have caused some kind of financial damage to get any sort of settlement.

Mar 19, 2007, 01:01 PM
    Being that I am overweight, would I be able to sue under the discrimination law?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 19, 2007, 01:06 PM
    I don't believe over weight is a "protecetd class" by the government but again you have not suffered a damage. You must show that you have been demoted, transferred or improperly paid because they think you are too large. Name calling is unprofessional but it isn't necessarily grounds for a suit.

Mar 19, 2007, 01:15 PM
    Thank you! You have all been a great help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I sue for slandering? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a neighbor who is constantly stateing false information about myself and my husband. She has gone as far as filing false accusations in court, my question is can I sue for slandering? Please help :o :confused:

Who can sue for a Security Deposit? [ 9 Answers ]

I need assistance in finding out the likelihood of getting a case dismissed where I, a landlord, am being sued by the son of a former tenant for the amount of the security deposit that he gifted to his father, my former tenant. I am wondering if, since I have no contractual relationship with the...

Can I sue for slander? [ 4 Answers ]

Greetings... I am a small business owner who has been slammed by a TV news "jourlanlist" and it is VERY bad. He made comments and statements that are not only inaccurate, but downright LIES! Do I have ANY hope of sueing for any damages at all? Please help, this could ruin my business! Thank...

Parents sue me? [ 5 Answers ]

OK my parents bought me a car it was 3800 I was paying them monthly I lost my job and haven't been able to pay them I currently owe them 1745... they took me to court and sued me but I don't know how this is possible there was no signature only verbal agreement. But they didn't turn in...

Can I sue for slander? [ 7 Answers ]

I have been falsely accused of filing a lawsuit against a business. I use to work there and then I quit for a different job. The owner is pissed off because his business has suffered since I left the management position, so he has been telling all his customers that I am suing him for an accident...

View more questions Search