Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Melokirk Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2013, 08:29 AM
    Should I get an X-ray
    I am a 38 year old female in SC. Last weekend I fell down some stairs Friday night and then managed to do it again Saturday morning. In the second fall, I hit my elbow. I have a large round bruise there. I do not have severe pain, however I have some discomfort especially in my shoulder and wrist. I am also having some tingling in the last two fingers of that hand and a kind of burning sensation throughout my arm. I have been taking ibuprofen and icing it. Last year in January I also had a shoulder separation in this same arm. So I am wondering if this is something I need to get an x-ray for to rule out a fracture or just give it a bit more time to heal?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 1, 2013, 08:58 AM
    If there is tingling, there is some nerve damage, and to be safe, get an X ray of that whole side.
    Mcsap9213 Posts: 99, Reputation: 10

Mar 1, 2013, 09:22 AM
    I would absolutely get one from what you describe.

Fractures don't have any obvious signs other than swelling but they still can HURT. I speak from personal experience !

Mar 1, 2013, 12:15 PM
    Thanks to both of you. Just came back from the doc. Nothing is broken but I do in fact have an injury to the ulnar nerve.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 1, 2013, 12:21 PM
    That makes sense, as I mentioned nerve damage, the ulnar is in relation to the elblow joint.

You have discomfort similar to carpal tunnel, sometimes effecting the whole arm, and nerve damage effecting fingers in the way of tingling and burning.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Mar 1, 2013, 12:25 PM
    Good to hear it isn't serious... can I recommend maybe staying away from stairs for a while? :)

Mar 1, 2013, 12:35 PM
    Ha! Oh if only I could! Then again it probably wouldn't matter. I am the clumsiest person you would ever meet.
    burg2123 Posts: 16, Reputation: 0

Mar 2, 2013, 10:12 AM
    Hello, I think you do. Check that with your doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

x-ray result [ 2 Answers ]

What could a 4cm density in the pelvis be. it also said on the myelogram that it was an incomplete image and recommended a pelvic ultrasound.

tumour is benign from an x-ray [ 2 Answers ]

I want to know how a doctor can diagnose that a tumour is benign from an x-ray

View more questions Search