Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chuckman292 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2013, 06:22 PM
    Car Heater Blows Cold Air
    I have a 1999 ford explorer 4.o L v6 . I had hate but but herd a pop . Then no heat ,I just change the thremostat still no heat ,I ran the motor 5 to10 min with the radiator cap off to getair out. So now ,no heat e-mail [email protected]
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Feb 28, 2013, 06:47 PM
    Is the engine warming up?
    Mcsap9213 Posts: 99, Reputation: 10

Feb 28, 2013, 07:56 PM
    Have you tried blocking the flow of air to the radiator by using cardboard ? Not a perm fix but it may artificially allow the engine to warm up.

It could be your water pump is starting to go.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Feb 28, 2013, 08:10 PM
    You first need to determine if the problem is that the heater doesn't work or if the engine is not warming up. If the engine is warming up and you block the radiator, this could turn out bad.

It could be that the heater box door isn't opening but we won't know that until you come back and fill in the details.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Philco central heater only blows cold air, and will not stop blowing cold air. [ 0 Answers ]

Philco central heater only blows cold air when it should be blowing hot air. And it will not stop blowing even when I turn off the heat. The fan is not on it is on auto.

Heater continuously blows cold air [ 1 Answers ]

Why does my gas furnace blows cold air ; the filter had been changed, the vents are not obstructed,and the thermostat has just been replaced?

Heater blows hot air, then cold [ 1 Answers ]

My home heater comes on, blows hot air for 10 to 15 minutes, then cold air until we turn it off. If we leave it off for about 30 minutes, it blows hot air again, for 10 to 15 minutes, then cold again. What do you think is the cause?

Heater blows warm air but also cold [ 1 Answers ]

Our heater blows warm air out as it is supposed to, but also blows cold air out of the cold air return vents. Any idea on how to fix this short of replacing the system?

View more questions Search