Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ld99 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2013, 01:10 PM
    What is my ethnic group?
    I was born in usa and I am still in the us, my last name is dailey, my mothers ethnicity on her dads side is native american, on her moms is german. On my dads moms side is also german and english. That's about all I know
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 28, 2013, 01:58 PM
    Basically because your mother is german, and not knowing which part of germany she comes from, your ethnic group would be called 'german diaspora'. There are many websites that break this down into different ethnic names, but you would have to know what part of germany your mother came from.

You can explore this further by googling 'proper name for ethnic germans'.

Here is what the term 'disaspora' means:

A diaspora (from Greek διασπορά, "scattering, dispersion")[1] is "the movement, migration, or scattering of people away from an established or ancestral homeland"[2] or "people dispersed by whatever cause to more than one location",[3] or "people settled far from their ancestral homelands".[2]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If I am muslim then what is my ethnic heritage? [ 4 Answers ]

If I am muslim then what is my ethnic heritage?

What Ethnic Group Am I? [ 3 Answers ]

I am from Iran, both my parents come from Tehran. But I was wondering what my ethnic group is, what box would I tick. I live in england and am 16 and am trying to learn more about my history. I have fair skin, with black hair. I speak Farsi and so does all my family. I know it is my opinion is what...

Ethnic group deciding [ 8 Answers ]

I have a question regarding ethnicity, I know it is mostly what you choose yourself (though actions) but I am more interested in seeing how other people would view my ethnic background if they knew it If my mother was born in Iran and spoke Persian, although her family is of very distant Iraqi...

View more questions Search