Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scottr1981 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2013, 09:30 AM
    Can I be disciplined for the amount of time I have been ill?
    I have had two injuries and been ill on two occasions in the past calender year. On each occasion I have followed the company procedures and guidelines for reporting said illness. The company have now began a disciplinary procedure against me citing my amount of time off work as the reason for these proceedings. Are they allowed to do this?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2013, 09:48 AM
    Sad to say... but yes.

If you aren't able to perform your job to the ability required... they actually can get rid of you.

Disciplined beats getting fired.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2013, 09:57 AM
    It depends on the specific circumstances.

Can you provide us more detail on the exact circumstances, such as "diagnosed with strep, took one day per doctor recommendation - was contageous" or, "had required hip surgery, took recommended time for recovery, x days".

Also, please advise how large of a company you work for. If it's over 50 employees and you meet the other conditions, your absences may be covered by the Family and Medical Leave Act.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am ill all the time [ 1 Answers ]

I am sick for so long time. Always feel headache and pain in almost whole the body.Also always feel sleepy all the time. I always try to take good foods but no positive result. I consulted with many doctors but found no solution. Now I am very frustrated and just thinking should I wait for normal...

What is max amount of time meth will show up after smoked 1 time. [ 0 Answers ]

Have to take probation drug tests and wanted to know the MAXIMUM amount of time that meth could show up if using the lowest cutoff levels for one time use. What's the maximum amount of time for lowest cutoff in general?

Stepchild not disciplined [ 1 Answers ]

My fiance's son is 14. He has been involved in a lot of trouble in the last few years. Just this past week he vandalized school property, was caught with a bottle of liquor stolen from a friends house, hooked out of school the next day & was caught having sexual activity with his sister's friend at...

DO you think ill do any time in juvie? [ 7 Answers ]

Ok well.. I'm 17 and my situation is.. 2 years ago I was charged with aggravated burglary and I was guilty. But I've done community service and everything and I haven't been in trouble for awhile.. well this year I was charged with aggravated assault.. But it started with him calling me and my...

View more questions Search