Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    3babies Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2013, 05:29 AM
    how do i get a velvet painting from Hawaii appraised
    How do I get my hawaiian velvet painting appraised? This was purchased when my ex-husband was station in Hawaii in 1967. He paid $800 then. There is a signature but I can't figure out who. It is approx. 5ft x 3ft. Black velvet, waterfall but no life (birds,fishes,animals), it is beautiful and in execllent condition. I am looking for someone to come to my home and appraise it. Can you suggest someone? This is southern California
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 26, 2013, 07:09 AM
    Without that signature, it's going to be tough.
    Call some art dealers and antique shops in your area.
    An art expert appraisal will cost quite a bit, so just say you are thinking of selling it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where can I send a photo of a painting to have it appraised? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a old painting that I think has some real value. Where can I get info on what it may be worth?

Philippine velvet oil painting? [ 0 Answers ]

I have three velvet oil paintings of old philippines people with artiest name of Agno 67 also with name Glies 66 or Gyies can you tell me about them and their value

How can I get a painting appraised? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a painting by Heinrich Hofmann, it's a 13X19 portrait ofchrist at twelve years. It had been with a family that I knew from 1931 until I received it in 1990. It is different than the prints I've seen and looks like an original. The frame appears to be made of oaks or some other hard wood.

Worth of an oil painting on velvet [ 6 Answers ]

Can anyone help, what is the worth of this painting by Ralph Burke Tyree? It is a velvet painting titled "Polynesian Nude" This is the back http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i218/mahiisbig/DSC02123.jpg

Oil Painting on Black Velvet [ 2 Answers ]

RE: Oil Painting With reference to the above I would like to know if you could assist me in finding out more about the attached picture. I have had the picture stored for a good number of years now, as it was pass down . The picture is portrait, painted in oil on black .velvet. I can...

View more questions Search