Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tjakes680 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2013, 09:17 PM
    Changing my sons name
    My son is 5 my x boyfriend got arrested when I was 6 months pregnet.I gave my son his last name because we were supposed to be married when he was released that day came and I never heard from him.My son will be starting school and I want him to have my last name also there is no father listed on birth certificate I live in nyc what can I do
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 26, 2013, 04:20 AM
    By not listing the father you have made this harder. You have to go to court to effect the name change. The court will require that you identify the father and attempt to get his permission for the change.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing my sons last name [ 9 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old son with a crazy woman. I want my last name hyphenated with hers. She's fighting me on it. Is there anything I can do to go around her and get this done legally? All info would be appriciated.

Changing Sons last name [ 2 Answers ]

Dear Reader, I have been Divorced for more then two years now. We have shared parenting in Ohio where I have custody every other Friday Sat and Most of Sunday. I also have him every other Wedsday. I have always paid my child support. I have never missed anytimes to be with my son. I am...

Changing my sons' last name [ 1 Answers ]

I have custody of my 2 sons. My husband has taken care of them and supported them for 2 years. I need to find out if I can change there last name to mine. In my divorce papers from their father, it says I have the right to make all the decisions. Does that include changing their names?

Changing my sons last name [ 2 Answers ]

What do I have to do so my son can have the same last name as me and his father, we weren't married when I had him so I just my maiden name:confused:

Changing my sons last name [ 3 Answers ]

My son is now 7 months old and his father abandoned us right before christmas I was wondering I need to change his last name back to mine and not his looser fathers do I need a lawer to do that because he will not sign the papers or can I do it by myself

View more questions Search