Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wschofield75 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2013, 08:32 PM
    16 yr old son wants to live with dad
    Can my 16 yr old son choose to li e with me in Florida even though his mom is in Massachusetts
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2013, 08:43 PM
    Not without going through family court first...
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 26, 2013, 04:22 AM
    If there is a court order giving mom primary custody, then you have to go to court and petition for a modification of the custody order. Your son can't just decide to move. The good news is that, at his age, the courts are likely to give significant weight to his preference.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Son wants to live with dad? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 9 year old and a 5 year old from my last relationship, I have not been with their mother in 3 years, I left as all we did was fight, everyday was a screaming match, and I hated it as we fought in front of the kids. In the 7 years we were together I can't remember a time that we were not...

My 16 yr old son lives out of state with dad, dad won't let him come live with me. [ 1 Answers ]

We have equal custody, dad is primary and court allowed son to go and live in Texas with his father after his father pulled him from school in Nevada without me knowing and sent him to live with his parents and go to school in Texas. When we went to court so they could force him to bring him back...

Bad dad, good dad my 12 y/o son wants to live with me [ 1 Answers ]

I am a father of three children. My 2 oldest are on there on now, by a previous marriage. My youngest son will be 12 in April. He has mentioned to me many times that he wants to come and live with me. I've told him many times that living with me would be no different than living with his mother as...

Son wants to live with dad [ 2 Answers ]

My son is 11 and I have decided to move from NC where we have lived for 6 yrs back home to a small town in VA. My ex husband lives in another part of NC and my son has told me that he wants to live with his dad because he thinks that he would like it better there than in VA. My ex husband has never...

View more questions Search