Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    12Ram12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2013, 07:02 PM
    H1B person Bringing mother as Nanny (Domestic employee-B1)
    Hi,

I am in H1B and want to bring my mother as a domestic employee (nanny-B1 visa) to USA because I think my mother is the right person to teach our child our culture and language. What is the process?

Please help.

Thanks
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Feb 26, 2013, 08:14 PM
    As H1B holder, you can bring dependents which means wife and children, not mother.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If a mother was bringing her9year old daughter toU.S. [ 2 Answers ]

The mother is bringing her 9 year old daughter and herself to United States from Ghana I there anydeclaration fee or BTA they have to show officails before being able to board? I`m not understanding what the article 754 cross1282 means of their Constitution of Ghana. Please explain?:confused:

H1B Non-employee compensation [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am on H1B visa and have not started the green card process yet. I presented at a Business conference and received a payment of $500 for my session. I had already filled out a W-9 form. I received the money directly through myself and not my employer. I want to know if there is any issue...

Employee & independent contractor same person [ 2 Answers ]

Is it legal to pay someone on your payroll as well as an independent contractor? We have an employee who is doing a separate job for us, in which he will be us on a contract.

Setting up an H-1B person as an employee for a non-sponsor [ 1 Answers ]

I have a person who has an H-1B status with another company who is doing some work for us. Should he be a W2 employee with us? I read somewhere about a form 129 that needs to be completed. Thanks for your help.

View more questions Search