Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smanapai Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2007, 09:31 AM
    Red color disappear with new LCD monitor
    I just brought a new LCD Monitor "Acer AL1916W", After connect to my computer, the monitor color showed weird , especially, red color was gone, only yellow, black and blue were still there.

Connecting cable is correctly connected. My installed display card is
    NVIDIA GFORCE 2MX / MX400
    The former time, everything was OK when connected with CRT monitor

Please comment how to solve this problem.

Somkiat
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Mar 19, 2007, 10:23 AM
    Boot into safe mode and install the monitor driver if provided.

Ensure you have updated video drivers.

Check that your driver supports 1440x900. Check that you have 32 bit color depth.

Check for possible bent pin(s) on the VGA connector.

How much ram is on the MX400? 32 MB? 64 MB? If 32 it may not be enough to drive the monitor. Perhaps time for an upgrade. Video card prices are quite reasonable nowadays for 128MB, and even 256MB is becoming standard now.

Try the monitor on another computer (if available) or maybe bring to a friend's or relative's house.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monitor colors faded (Monitor color problem) [ 5 Answers ]

I have an envision flat screen monitor and the issue is I had a worm on my computer so I had to reboot it.When the startup came up the colors were faded in a blueish light hue . I updated the drives but still nothing worked. I don't know if it's the monitor or vga cable or just the video card in...

Color problem with monitor [ 1 Answers ]

?? I've a Samtron monitor where only the RED color is not appearing, all others are working fine. I've tested the graphics card but unfortunately not solved, than I've changed the monitor with another new system and found the same problem persists. Please help.

Going with an LCD Monitor, but. [ 4 Answers ]

Well, I currently have a CRT and looking to get an LCD. But I don't know what are considered decent specs for an lcd monitor. In my shopping around I have seen the following that I need to consider: Analog vs Digital? Brightness? Contrast Ratio? Maximum Resolution?

Apple LCD monitor on a Windows XP machine [ 1 Answers ]

My Windows PIII CRT monitor is failing and I've been offered a Mac(Apple) LCD monitor for free to replace it. I would like to know if there are any problems with making the Mac monitor on a Windows machine? Thank you Widepart

LCD monitor [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought a canon digital camera (EOS 10D) and start playing with it to familiarize with the functions. I noticed that it looks like I can't use the LCD monitor to take pictures but only to review previously taken pictures. Is that right? I just wondering why because most of the digital cameras...

View more questions Search