Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daniel10 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2013, 05:40 PM
    Ankle warm and tender
    My wife had surgery on her rt. Ankle two weeks ago. To remove a cyst. On Thur. 21 Feb. the Dr. had to cut open the wound because it was not healing right. He put stitches on the cut. Today, her ankle is swollen, hot, and tender to the touch, her lower leg is also hot...
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 25, 2013, 05:45 PM
    What did the doctor say when you called him to report this?

Feb 25, 2013, 05:51 PM
    Dr. Off for 3 days
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 25, 2013, 05:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel10 View Post
    dr. off for 3 days
    He didn't give you a back-up number to call? Warm and tender to the touch means infection is starting, and white cells are fighting off the germs. You or she can put warm, moist washcloths on it, but she probably needs an antibiotic. We have a terrific nurse on site, so she may have something helpful to say. Stay tuned!

ADDED -- Did she get an antibiotic cream to put on the incision plus bandages?

Feb 25, 2013, 05:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    He didn't give you a back-up number to call? Warm and tender to the touch means infection is starting, and white cells are fighting off the germs. You or she can put warm, moist washcloths on it, but she probably needs an antibiotic. We have a terrific nurse on site, so she may have something helpful to say. Stay tuned!

ADDED -- Did she get an antibiotic cream to put on the incision plus bandages?
    Yes... antibiotic cream to put on the incision plus bandages? Also pills

Feb 25, 2013, 06:00 PM
    yes...antibiotic cream to put on the incision plus bandages? also pills
    Told her not to remove bandage she takes pills no back up no.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 25, 2013, 06:02 PM
    yes...antibiotic cream to put on the incision plus bandages? also pills
    Antibiotic pills -- or what? (please mention all the details like this when you ask a question)

Is she doing what the doctor said with dressing the incision and taking the pills at the right time?
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2013, 07:34 PM
    Because it is A, post surgical; B. warm; C. tender and D. seems to be moving up her leg, I would treat this as an emergency and take her to the emergency room tonight. This is clearly an infection and she probably needs stronger antibiotics, possibly via IV. Do not wait and don't try home remedies - a post-surgical infection always must be treated by a doctor and they need to be serious and aggressive about it. Nothing to mess around with.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tender Nipple? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 14, got my period around a year ago, I'm starting to get regular now, I was about a week late (no possibility of pregnancy) and yesterday and today, my nipple is really sore, and very red and around it. It hurts even if skimmed. Help?

Warm water then very hot then warm? [ 4 Answers ]

Water heater is just over a year old, the water starts only warm at best then after a couple minutes gets very hot, and then warm and so on? Any ideas?

Did I break my ankle or did I just sprain my ankle? [ 19 Answers ]

At my school we went on a field trip to clean up a giant nature park ( it's an small island) long story short I triped on a rock (super smooth I know) and I heard a little crack or a pop I could really tell but then my ankle got kind of swollen and it hurt to walk so I had to use one of my friends...

Tender breasts [ 1 Answers ]

Ok... So if I'm not pregnant this month, my period is due in 9 days... My breasts normally become sore a couple of days before hand... Right now they are very tender... Is it normal for the amount of time before a period, when your breasts start hurting to increase and decrease? Thanks guys xxx

Tender beef [ 3 Answers ]

Has anyone had trouble finding beef that isn't tough? Every time I buy beef it is always real tough no matter how I cook it. Anyone have any suggestions on how to make beef tender?

View more questions Search