Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Feb 26, 2013, 11:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonely1297 View Post
    i am verbally abused by my father, and physically abused by my step mom. i am 15 almost 16 in april , old enough to know what i want to do, and where im happy, but my dad has joint custody......, and i went to my moms. could the police arrest me or her, or force me to go back to my dads? please reply and fill me in, thanks(:
    i live there at my father home because my step mother lies and gets more money from the state if im there ? so she keeps me there too get more money . i want to live with my mother is it possiable i can go to her without my father knowing and saying im a run away ?

...Merged threads...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonely1297 View Post
    also my dad has soul custody though .
    Lonely, does your father have sole custody or joint custody?
    Lonely1297 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2013, 11:59 AM
    They have joint but he has phyiscal custody
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2013, 01:24 PM
    Instead of opening a new thread could you PLEASE answer my questions about motions and CPS hearings -

We are walking in circles here and you aren't answering and providing necessary info.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 26, 2013, 02:29 PM
    Lonely, I understand you may have had some problems finding this thread. But please don't start a new thread for follow-up. We've merged your threads so all follow-up should be added as replies to this thread.

In your original post you spoke of being raped and of CPS being called in and talking to your school counselor. What were the results of that. We need to understand that if we are to help.

But the bottom line here is you can't just leave your father because he has physical custody. Your mom has to petition the court to change custody. However, if you are being abused then CPS can step in and remove you until a court can rule.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a 16 year old choose to not live with her parents or any other immediate family? [ 1 Answers ]

Okay my friend has asked me to help her out, she wishes not to live with her family because they way they treat her, they emotinaly bully her for controle over her. She wants me to find out if she can decide whether she lives with them or can come live with me. I haven't had much luck looking for...

What age can my son choose to live with me I have joint custody [ 5 Answers ]

I've had contact with my son for years now for the last year my son has made it clear he is not happy at home with his mother and has stated he would rather live with me and have the contact with his mum he is 9 years but 10 in march his mum has stopped contact with me depite having a court order...

Change of sole custody to joint custody if both parents live in different states than [ 6 Answers ]

I am trying to find out where I would need to go to change/modify a custody order that granted my ex spouse sole legal and physical custody 3 years ago. He now resides in MA, I now reside in CA, but in may will be moving to TX to live with my fiancˇ. The original custody order (was changed from...

Parents divorced.live with mom.She has no will.If she died,can I choose where to go [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 13.My parents are divorced.My mom has full custody of me.She does not have a Will written out yet.If she dies while I'm still 13 or even 14 can I choose where I live or do I have to go with my father?

Can a 17 year old choose to live with another relative other than their parents [ 7 Answers ]

My friend is having family promblems at home & is on probation so what ever he/she does his/her parents call the probation officer and tries to get get them pu tin jail but in reality they aren't doing anything wrong and is only on probation because if you fight in our school they press charges....

View more questions Search