Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Carpenter32 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2013, 08:45 AM
    Poor flushing due to I proper angle waste pipe
    Will a pressure assist toilet solve my problem of an improperly angled waste pipe. My plumber did not angle the pipe correctly because he did not want to block a basement window. If a waste pipe with not enough pitch causes my solid waste not to flush would a pressure assist toilet fix the issue?
    wallykap Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2013, 08:54 AM
    Probably not is my guess - but how FAR is this pipe(length)... Your "handle" is carpenter?? What do you think??
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 25, 2013, 09:27 AM
    A picture would help or can you better explain what pitch the drain has?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2013, 01:48 PM
    No, pressure tanks are for low house water pressure, not clogged or improperly fitted drains.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Feb 25, 2013, 04:01 PM
    Pressure assist toilets aren't for homes with low water pressure, Brian (ma0641). In fact, these toilets have a required pressure range requirement or they may not work at all!

Pressure assist toilets are simply another choice for the consumer... some people LOVE them and some people HATE them, in my experience.

As noted above, these toilets will NOT increase chances of waste going down the drain any faster... just increases velocity of waste THROUGH the toilet is all.

Like Bob (ballengerb1), I would like to know what pitch (if any) is on this drain pipe?

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Proper flushing toilet? [ 5 Answers ]

I have istalled a new toilet repair kit ,however the toilet does not flush properly . The bowl does not empty when flushed. Also the fapper does not go down.

Poor solid removal when flushing [ 1 Answers ]

We just installed a new toilet. With just liquid it flushed just fine. With solids it takes several flushed for all of the waste to empty from the bowl. The former toilet worked fine so the vent pipe is OK and since the toilet is new none of the hole on the rim should be blocked. Can anyone say...

Proper angle for chair rail going up stairway to landing [ 4 Answers ]

I" attempting to install a chair rail up a stairway to a landing area. At the laindinf area the stairway turns left and continues to the second floor. How do I determin the proper angle of the rail up the stairs.

Backwash with flushing vs poor flushing action [ 1 Answers ]

I had 2 new Kohler Devonshire toilets installed this summer. When solid waste is flushed, sometimes flecks wash back up. I was told by the tech services person that we have blocked air vents. It's hard to believe that two separate vents are blocked in the same way. I think it's the poor...

Proper flushing [ 5 Answers ]

I'm currently having a problem with my toilet not flushing properly ( everything not going down ). Could this be a venting problem? How can it be fixed? Regards, Ken

View more questions Search