Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LuisLane Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2013, 04:14 AM
    Lost love
    I lost my boyfriend 2 weeks ago and had to say goodbye on Valentines day. I feel like this is a cruel joke being played on me. I miss him every day and refuse to believe that this could be the end and that he's gone. Is there any way to deal with this?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 25, 2013, 04:18 AM
    You lost him? He disappeared, died, left you, what?
    No, losing someone is not a cruel joke. Yes, losing someone is a cruel joke.
    It's all how you chose to view it.
    We all go through it. 99.9% of us anyway.
    It hurts horribly and we think the pain will last forever, and no one can tell us it will get better.
    I'm sorry for your loss.
    LuisLane Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2013, 04:25 AM
    He died... I guess saying those words are still a little difficult
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 25, 2013, 05:00 AM
    There is no one answer, at two weeks it often does not seem real.
    We each greive and express our loss differently
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2013, 12:39 PM
    It was 6 months before I realized my late husband wasn't coming home - ever - and he died in my arms.

Grief varies from person to person. There are no rules.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 25, 2013, 12:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LuisLane View Post
    he died...i guess saying those words are still a little difficult
    Say them... say them over and over. Don't say 'passed' or anything but died.
    Tell us all about it here. Tell anyone you know.
    Talk and talk. Walk and talk. Gather mementos, Plant something. Talk to him. My dad loved jokes even though he was a quiet man of few words, so every time I hear a good joke, I shout 'WOW did you hear that one?' And he's been dead for 2 years.
    (Yes, my dad was old... but I have lost other people in my life too, and miss my dad the most... )
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2013, 01:08 PM
    I'm not sure I agree, Joy - I think grief is best handled individually. I didn't say "widow" for over two years. I said, "I'm X's wife" or "I was married to X." The first time I said "widow" it made it all very real, and I came home and cried.

Maybe it's avoidance. I knew he was dead. The word changed nothing - but it caught in my throat.
    smkanand Posts: 602, Reputation: 56

Mar 5, 2013, 09:33 AM
    I think what you mean is you both never be together again, ever. I know exactly what you mean, my boyfriend died few years back and I'm still not over him. You can do one thing, work, read and spend time with friends and family. Don't try to find an easy solution, let the grief slow down naturally.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I lost the love I felt, I lost the only thing that ever matterd [ 24 Answers ]

Wow I shouldn't even be feeling pain like this, I am so use to it! Anyway it all started 15 months ago and like a lot of heart ache and problems it started with a girl. We hooked up at a bar but I knew her before hand. She use to be with a guy I knew back in high school and since I line in such a...

I Think I've Lost My Love [ 36 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been dating for over 5 years now, I'm 26 and she is 25. We met in college, fell in love, and had a pretty much stress free relationship ever since. We rented an apartment together and have been living with each other for the last year and half. Last week I came home from...

Think I Love her, Think I Lost her. [ 21 Answers ]

First off I want to thank everyone who does read this and gives me some advice. This is the first time I am resorting to typing out my situation on a forum, but after reading some of the advice on here, I thought this would be the best place to do so. Long story so let me get started. My...

Lost love [ 1 Answers ]

I am pregnant to my ex boyfriend who I have never stopped loving. I have been waiting to get back with him for years, he has a new girlfriend. My question is will I get back with him, and will he have any thing to do with our child?

Lost in LoVE! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi there, I just need to chat to someone and get advice what should I do regarding the problem I am facing. I am so deeply in love with this girl who happens to be a close friend. Its not a crush because I have been in love with her for the past 2 years. The problem is that she does not feel the...

View more questions Search