Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kimber FX Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2013, 10:42 PM
    Installed Kohler shower and bath valve vibrating sound in plumbing
    I installed a kohler Shower/Bath valve in my upstairs bathroom. For some reason when we run the downstairs bath a really loud banging vibration starts and water starts coming out of my upstairs new Kohler Faucet when turned off. I tried bleeding the lines and still have the problem.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Feb 25, 2013, 04:16 PM
    Hi Kimber

What valve(s) did you shut off to install the new shower/bath valve? Did you just shut the main water supply off or did you shut off separate valves (hot and cold)?

Finally, what happens when you flush the downstairs toilet or turn on the downstairs sink faucet? Let me know more, OK?

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a early 90's Kohler shower valve and rounded out the cold stem valve seat. [ 2 Answers ]

Should I drill then retap the threads? Thanks!

I have a shower valve body installed correctly, but no water gets to the shower spout [ 14 Answers ]

I have a shower valve body installed correctly, but no water gets to the shower spout. It seams as there is not enough pressure to make it. When I disassemble the tub, shower, and hot water 1/2" pipes and leave the cold pipe hooked up, water flows through valve just fine. Where is the pressure...

Pipes vibrating through walls when the upstairs shower is going; I have a PR Valve.. [ 2 Answers ]

I looked at the PRV today and noticed some white corrosion on the top, like corrosion on a car battery would have. Would this have anything to do with it? It started happening this fall when it got cold. The vibrating is in the wall of the room close to under where the main floor bathroom is....

View more questions Search