Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bellstarr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2013, 08:55 PM
    Toilet running over when tub water is running out
    Why does my toilet run over every time the water is let out of the bath tubs?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2013, 09:37 PM
    Sounds like you have a blockage in the line after the toilet. You must be draining a full tub or the toilet is low. Water cannot flow higher unless you are draining a tub from an upper floor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathtub leaks only when water is running out of tub spout not when shower is running [ 4 Answers ]

Bathtub on 2nd floor is leaking to unfinished basement ceiling below. It only leaks however when the water (both hot and cold) is running out of the tub spout. It does not leak once the shower is turned on--nor does the tub leak when it's draining. Can anyone give a best guess exactly where the...

Running Water from Under my tub. [ 6 Answers ]

My home was built in the late 60's on a concrete slab. Water is running from underneath my bathtub. When I take a bath and let the water drain, the whole tub drains on the floor. Also, when showering the water drains completely on the floor from underneath the tub. I have had plumbers come out,...

Water coming up in toilet when toilet flushed or running water in sink, how to fix? [ 1 Answers ]

When I flush the toilet, take showers in my upstairs bathroom, water comes out of my downstairs shower. How can I fix this problem without calling a professional plumber?

Why is water running? Toilet water keep running into toilet bowl [ 6 Answers ]

I changed all the I possible on toilet as toilet was running off and on. Now water keeps a constant tricke into toilet bow an flapper and float are all working. What else can it be as my water bill was terrible. HELP single grandma raising two grandkids and just got laid off and broke! ...

Bath tub shower spout & head running water running at same time [ 1 Answers ]

I started with a slight dripping problem(sayko system).i decided to replace all 3 stem assemblies together as they all were about 18 years old.after reassembling the new stems(danko brand),turned on the water supply & checked faucets.hot & cold worked fine but when the shower was turned on,water...

View more questions Search