Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pmurphy16 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2013, 06:21 PM
    What cause heavy yellow smoke from the oil box of an oil burning boiler
    In an industrial environment operating 600 psig boilers that use oil for fuel and if you get heavy yellow smoke out of the stack what is causing this?
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2013, 07:38 PM
    Usually too much air on the fire.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can we operate supercritical boiler on heavy furnace oil with high sulfur contents 4. [ 0 Answers ]

Can we operate supercritical boiler on heavy furnace oil with high sulfur contents up to 4.5% and final superheater steam temperature 565 degree C.

Oil boiler switch to gas boiler [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 1940's oil furnace with original radiator (built in fin tube with steel, radiator size covers) I want to switch to high efficiency natural gas. Are there any "Don'ts" that I should be aware of? I want to get a combination system and replace my electric water heater also. Is an instant hot...

Burning Oil (I Think) [ 3 Answers ]

I have a '95 Saturn 1.8L with 120k miles. It runs great and my wife uses it to transport the dogs, so it's a perfect "old" car for that. It is using about 1qt of 10W-30 oil every 1k miles (maybe even using a bit more by now). No smoke and no leaks. Nothing strange getting in cooling system. ...

Low PSI and temp on oil burning furnace w/boiler [ 1 Answers ]

I live in a two story very old house. The furnace is an oil burning and uses water to heat. This winter I can get the upstairs to stay near 70 but the downstairs barely gets above 50. I have been told there are two zones but that doesn't help me figure out why one zone heats and one doesn't. I...

My Oil burning boiler deloped an oil drip. [ 1 Answers ]

My oil burning boiler developed a drip. I recently had my boiler inspected for rust on the exterior. A sticker on the unit housing was charred and the burning area seemed rusty. I had gone a year saving money by allowing the unit to run only when I needed a shower or wash something in warm. I saved...

View more questions Search