Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rainbow1234567 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2013, 01:24 PM
    Bad Tutor
    Hi, don't think anyone can help me but I just want to know if anyone out there is going through the same thing. I am studying accounting. One of our tutors teaches us most of our modules. He is the worst tutor I have ever had. We are all really worried. He is just not able to communicate in an understandable way. We have asked him over and over to explain things by putting the calculations on the board and going through the questions step by step. He prefers us to work away ourselves. We are having to educate ourselves using only the manuals, even though the manuals are only supposed to be an aid to the tutoring process. He spends his time on his phone in class while we struggle away. We have given him lots of chances and asked him over and over to go over things with us but unless we are really struggling and pleading with him, he won't put the work in. We eventually complained about him as have other classes in our college but nothing has been done. If anything done about it then it will be too late for us. Maybe the class next year will benefit. Help!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 24, 2013, 01:43 PM
    I'm not sure what advice you're looking for. If you've complained and nothing is being done, continue to complain until someone listens. Get outside help, hire a tutor outside of school to help you with your lessons if you're not able to understand the way this person is teaching. Those are the only options I can think of.

Good luck.
    Rainbow1234567 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2013, 01:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    I'm not sure what advice you're looking for. If you've complained and nothing is being done, continue to complain until someone listens. Get outside help, hire a tutor outside of school to help you with your lessons if you're not able to understand the way this person is teaching. Those are the only options I can think of.

Good luck.
    Thanks Alty, yes we are looking at other options such as sourcing other tutors. I just really needed to vent.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 24, 2013, 02:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow1234567 View Post
    Thanks Alty, yes we are looking at other options such as sourcing other tutors. I just really needed to vent.
    Vent away. I wish I had a solution for you, but you seem to have already tried the only solution I can really come up with, and it didn't work. :(
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Feb 24, 2013, 02:38 PM
    Who did you complain to?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I need a Tutor? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm half way through 2nd year and I struggle with maths, I think I might just be my teacher. I was fine in maths until I got this teacher and I've had him for 2 years. I don't know how to concentrate with him because he talks, that's all, and his voice is sooooooo boring, my dad wants to get...

Tutor [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for an online tutoring service. I go to school in Poland (not one of my better decisions in life.. but I'm young and stupid as they say) and could really use help with pathology and pathophysiology, or even just USMLE prep. I've found a few,...

Phyics Tutor [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I'm not good in Physics, but I really want to learn. I'm just to slow to understand... So my question is, can anyone teach me for free about Physics? Thank you, decent

Need Tutor For 7 yr Old [ 8 Answers ]

I need an inexpensive tuter for 7 yr old in 2nd but below 1st grade level at this time of year. HELP!!

View more questions Search