Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mythreekids Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2013, 05:19 PM
    Shift solenoid
    I have a 92 honda accord lx. Am having shifting issues. Fluid level is fine. Replaced speed sensor. I am trying to do process of elimination before going the new transmission route. I have changed the shift solenoid, which was not as difficult as I thought, thank goodness. My question is, the bracket that holds the electrical connector, is it supposed to be bolted down and where, or just left resting? I did not see it before the old one was taken out, so I am not sure. Also how much transmission fluid do I need to fill it after I drain it and check it ? Thanks for any input. This is all new to me and learning as I go.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2013, 06:05 PM
    Almost all Honda automatic transmissions take 3 quarts, when drained and refilled. With Hondas, check the fluid when the car is level and cold. Typically, the initial fill is 3.1 quarts, while the total fill is 7.7 quarts. Use ATF meeting Hondas ATF-Z1 specification. Replace the aluminum crush washer and torque the drain plug to 36 lb.-ft.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Case 446 tractor, Onan engine, Solenoid clicks. Has a new solenoid, new battery [ 1 Answers ]

New ignition switch. Still clicks. What else should I look for? Thanks, Gary Maine

95 civic not moving out of park, shift release solenoid not is activating [ 0 Answers ]

My 95 honda civic is not moving out of the park position,the shift release solenoid or switch is not activating when the brakes is applied, there is no current going to the shift release solenoid, what should I do?

Gear shift moves but doesn't shift into gear [ 1 Answers ]

1998 toyota, the gear shifter moves but car will not sift into any gear. The gear shifter is real sloppy. Well like nothing is there.

Solenoid [ 1 Answers ]

How To Test A Solenoid For A Lawn Tractor

View more questions Search