Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Robert Schultz Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2013, 04:26 PM
    Are gases from propane torch harmful?
    For an art project I'm using a small propane torch in a tiny windowless room. I use the torch for only 5-10 minutes at a time, 3 times in 90 minutes. The torch actually heats the room, and there's a scent (not propane gas smell) and kind of a stinging in my nose. What are the by-product gases produced when I use the torch and are they harmful?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Feb 22, 2013, 05:43 PM
    It would help to know what you're melting/bending/heating with the torch.
    Robert Schultz Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2013, 07:07 AM
    I'm passing the flame over poured resin to release the bubbles and get a smooth, clear coating. The resin is not flammable; it's the kind you use on bar-tops, table-tops, etc. Thanks.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Feb 23, 2013, 09:38 AM
    Probably the fumes from that is where you are having problems. I am sure that is not good for you. You might want to reconsider doing this somewhere with ventilation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am switching Propane Gas suppliers and need the underground propane tank removed [ 2 Answers ]

We built our house in 2000 and siged an agreement with AGWAY to supply us Propane and they agreed to provide us an underground tank for free if we purchase gas from them for (1) year. AGWAY is no longer in business and was bought out by SUBURBANE PROPANE. When we questioned SUBURBANE about our...

Methane gases are harmful to people how? [ 2 Answers ]

Are septics been backed up in toilets and bathtubs for almost 3 months is this harmful to me and my kids breathing this order? <Moved from Health & Wellness to Plumbing>

Stuck Bathtub Spout--no propane torch [ 18 Answers ]

Hello and thanks in advance for helping me. I cannot get the old spout off. We don't have a propane torch. Nor do we have any wd-40. I actually managed (through determination) to remove the diverter from the spout, hoping to get a better access to the spout opening and hence more leverage. No...

Benzomatic torch [ 1 Answers ]

Hot hot is the flameon a menzomatic torch

Torch [ 1 Answers ]

I have a benzOmatic model JTH-7 torch that seems to be plugged. The propane will not go through. Is there anyway to unplug it or do I just buy another? T.S.R.

View more questions Search