Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dessa121 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2013, 11:45 AM
    How to overcome the criticism of being in a interracial relationship.
    I'm black, and my boyfriend is white. Everywhere we go, we get shunned. It's 2013 I figured people would be over with the race thing and we're young (I'm 19, he's 23) so most people think it's a phase, but I plan on spending the rest of my life with this guy. But sometimes I can't handle it, even my own father doesn't want me with him. I just don't know what to do anymore but I'm not giving my boyfriend up that's for sure
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2013, 12:14 PM
    Don't you ever give up your boyfriend for some people's narrow minded views. It isn't their life and that includes your father. Most of us accept y'all just fine, and I am in the South no less. You two just keep doing your thing. Let bigoted people who are stuck in the 70s remain so unhappy that they have to crack on other people.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 22, 2013, 03:50 PM
    Everywhere you go?
    I don't imagine that you have been everywhere. There are a lot of places left that still are solidly bigoted. Can you leave if you don't want to fight prejudice?
    dessa121 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2013, 04:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2011 View Post
    Don't you ever give up your boyfriend for some people's narrow minded views. It isn't their life and that includes your father. Most of us accept y'all just fine, and I am in the South no less. You two just keep doing your thing. Let bigoted people who are stuck in the 70s remain so unhappy that they have to crack on other people.
    Thank you so much (:
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 22, 2013, 05:25 PM
    Come to Chicagoland! We have every race and culture group that ever existed! And we all hang out together! And even marry each other.. .
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 22, 2013, 05:35 PM
    You ignore the ignorant, because they make it seem like it's a wide spread hate thing, but its not. You just don't let the haters ruin your happiness.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 22, 2013, 05:42 PM
    Every time I read something like this, it shocks me. From the time I was very young I remember biracial (not my term, because we're all one race. Human) couples, and no one batted an eye. Same with gay couples, or anyone that didn't fit into someone else's neat little mold. I was born in 1970, so it's not like this is recent. .

Maybe we're just more advanced in Canada. You should move here, we don't care who you're with, who you marry, who you spend your life with, as long as you're both good people, that's fine with us. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Interracial relationship cheap boyfriend? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi First of all, I'm japanese women who live in japan so my english is not good please understand my bad english. I have an american boyfriend we are both over 30. We met in online and everyday talked through the phone messenger for a few months. We both had a great feeling for each other. I made...

How do I overcome insecurities in my relationship? [ 4 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I started seeing each other about 5 months ago. She is the BOMB! I love her dearly! I've never met anybody so caring and nurturing and loving in my life! I want to spend the rest of my life with her and she does with me. I even proposed recently and she gave a quick and resounding...

Interracial Relationship and Tradition [ 9 Answers ]

Traditions are made to be broken Traditions are made to be broken as we grow older and with the so many unvarying changes around us the moralities and values that our ancestors once believed in are no longer structured into our lives. Things that were once unacceptable are now being accepted...

Is it possible to overcome intense 2 way jealousy and have a relationship? [ 12 Answers ]

I am a divorcée. I got divorced because My wife and I both knew that I was in love with someone else. In fact, we are actually in very good terms and still talk and even hang out sometimes- we just realized the love wasn't there and decided to end it before we had children. The woman I am still...

Interracial Dating [ 9 Answers ]

Is there a bible passage that states interracial dating is prohibited?

View more questions Search