Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stanley10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2013, 09:14 AM
    Working from inconsistency on decisions
    A member of the team I work in is permitted to work from home one day a week (this was a reluctant agreement as the individual had been offered another job and would leave unless granted the one day from home) We are the same level, same job role. I have recently put in the same request and have been refused for the reason that if 'its granted to me then the remainder of the team will want it'. I have had an excellent annual review, my reasonings for wanting to do it are the same as my colleagues (more time with children). Is this allowed or should there be consistency?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2013, 12:08 PM
    The employer basically makes the rules unless the employees are by contract or have a union.

As long as employment is at will (you can be terminated for something or nothing) an employer can favor one employee over another.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Climax inconsistency [ 6 Answers ]

When I first became sexually active I lacked stamina, much as most young males experience. Since then nothing had really changed. I often felt inadequate in bed because of the inability to have a prolonged sexual experience but found ways to compensate for my partner's sake. I never felt like I had...

Links inconsistency [ 7 Answers ]

Pasted link: St. Gabriel Radio Home - Welcome! Text made a link: text Text made a link and underlined: text

View more questions Search