Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anongirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2007, 05:43 AM
    I'm hurting everyone around me but I cannot seem to stop
    I'm a girl who has recently turned 19, and since the age of around 17 I have been doing all sorts of bad things which affect myself and others around me who care.

I constantly lie to my mum, and she will not speak to me now, I've had so many chances and this is difficult because I live with her so all I can do is spend time in my room on my own thinking of how much I have hurt others because of the stupid things I have done.

I feel that I have a problem with alcohol also, it's like I drink to the point where I'm just not me... somebody described to me that I look and talk as if I'm on another planet when I drink excessively, as I don't know when to stop.

Recently I have messed things up again, I got really drunk and went missing, this is the third time this has happened. I went to this persons house I barely know and I think my drink may have had something put in it, because he gave me a glass of wine and once I had drank it, woke up a few hours later on his bathroom floor. I have no recolection of how I ended up from the living room to the bathroom floor. I then started to get phone calls off my mum and I was in hysterics saying I don't know where I am. I texted a friend saying I had been stabbed and raped which has really hurt her and jeapordised our relationship.
    I mananged to get out of there and the police took me home by which time my mum was extremely drunk and shouting at me.

All my friends and family of sick of the things I am doing, I don't know who I am anymore and I scare myself so much. I don't know if I will ever be the person I was before all of this.
    People just aren't helping me, but I'm not surprised because of what I have done.

I don't know what to do.
    tinsign Posts: 275, Reputation: 66

Mar 19, 2007, 05:55 AM
    It's time for rehab my dear.. plain simple and to the point.. now it's up to you take my advice or leave it.. also seek counciling.
    tishee_76 Posts: 64, Reputation: 4

Mar 19, 2007, 06:27 AM
    Hi Anongirl
    Unfortunately I have to agree with outside help babe..
    Your right about it getting out of hand and messy..
    I don't believe it's a problem you can solve on your own..
    I would suggest if your family and friends see your taking affirmative action and not just all talk I really believe a support base will start forming because people can't help until you want to help yourself..

You have been so very brave to admit to your demons and even braver to recognise your wrongs, this is a big head start to recovering the quality of your life and health.. I do believe if you take the next step of professional help you can and will find yourself once more and you will be an even better person than you originally were..

Please pop back and update as I will be thinking of you and hoping for your healthy return..
    vlee Posts: 454, Reputation: 109

Mar 19, 2007, 08:55 AM
    If you don't seek counseling and treatment for alcohol abuse your life will continue to get more empty and lonely by the hour. You know you have a problem. If you don't take steps to correct it you will chase everyone you love out of your life. You need the support of a professional. Please seek the help you need. You are young and have a lifetime ahead of you. It's up to you whether it will be a lifetime of regret and sorrow or of love and laughter.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2007, 01:28 AM
    Please listen and act on the advice of the others who have responded to your reaching out. It is up to you. No one is going to do it for you. You have your own life to live, so own up to who you are. "The best mirror is a friend's eye." It is up to you to make the choices for your life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I stop hurting and silence the voices [ 15 Answers ]

HI, I have ADD, Major Depression, and an anxiety disorder according to my doctors. I am in my late 20's and have had problems with depression and Anxiety since 4th grade as a can remember. I have hide it so well. My parents do not even know. I have tried to talk to them about it but they see it...

When does it stop hurting [ 4 Answers ]

We have been married for 3 years, dating on and off for almoust 4 before that. I tought I had my life all figured out and now he just ripped my heart out. He said he is NOT IN LOVE anymore and left. I feel cheated, miserable and I just want to scream and die. When will it stop hurting?

Hurting [ 51 Answers ]

OK I will apologise in advance about the length. Basically I'm a 24 year old male and recently my girlfreind of 7 years broke up with me. It has devastated me beyond belief. I know we were together from a young age and at first it was probably puppy love but over that time our love grew stronger...

Need Help... Hurting! [ 8 Answers ]

I've just come home from the doctors, it was a very embarrassing problem, for me about discomfort and irregular periods. (I've just turned 18, and never been to the doctors for anything like this before). He said it could be a number of things but he could examine me straight away to check if...

View more questions Search