Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2007, 04:22 AM
    Outlook express signatures
    I have a default signature and a special one that's assigned to only one of my email addresses.

When I open OE and compose a message, the default siggy is there... but if I go up to the from field and change email address to the one I have the special signature on, the signature visible is still on the default signature.

How can I fix this to show the correct signature if I switch the from field in my outgoing email?

Thanks!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 19, 2007, 07:12 AM
    I believe the sig is pasted in when you create a new message. So just changing the FROM doesn't constitue creating a new message.
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2007, 07:24 AM
    What a drag.

I do see that there is an Insert > Signature option.

... so to use different signatures for different email addresses, a user has to use Insert > Signature for all email addresses except for the default email address?
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2007, 07:27 AM
    PS... this can't be right...

When I use insert signature, it ADDS the new signature in addition to the default signature.
    Strange.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 19, 2007, 07:32 AM
    Highlight the default sig before you do your Insert.
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2007, 07:40 AM
    I see. A little quirky, but it will work. I'm surprised they don't have it a little more user friendly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Outlook Express [ 6 Answers ]

How do I retrieve files once Outlook express has Auto compacted them. I want to get information from the files that went off my screen. Is there a path to locate these files.? Aljay

Outlook Express [ 2 Answers ]

When I send e-mail messages that have an attachment or vidio the people receiving Get numerous copies which state ( warning not virus scanned) . This does not happen with normal letter typle e-mails. Thanks.

Outlook Express [ 1 Answers ]

When I receive mail on Outlook Express wit a link on it I click the link and it blinks as thought it is going to take me to that page but that is all that happens. Can someone give me instructions on how to setup to cause the computer to automatically go to the page indicated by the link. Thanks...

Outlook Express 5 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi- Using 98SE--My Outlook Express 5 is all messed up--I went to Add/Remove Programs, but there is no listing under that to remove the Outlook Express and start over from scratch--Thanks for any suggestions--

View more questions Search