Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skylark149 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2013, 05:23 AM
    Do I have to pay?
    I don't want to go back to the same terrible dentist to fix the problem she created. She also did unnecessary work and charged for a full mouth cleaning on nine teeth. What can I do to get her to reimburse the fee I have to pay to another dentist?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 21, 2013, 05:34 AM
    Fix what problem?
    What unnecessary work?
    I take it another dentist told you this. It's one dentist's word against another, and we certainly can't judge, especially with not one detail.
    So your choice is to sue in civil court, usually Small Claims. But you could easily lose without the testimony of the second dentist, who probably won't want to testify.
    You can file a complaint to your state licensing board. It won't get you anything, just go on file.
    Many of us have had less than satisfactory service from doctors and dentists. A lot of situations aren't worth a lawsuit. You decide what you need to do.
    skylark149 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2013, 06:20 AM
    It's too complicated/lengthy to go into properly online. I had to go back to this dentist four times to work on nine teeth. That's not including the first initial visit. She said I needed a crown. The first crown she ordered she said came in cracked. She had to reorder it. I don't think she ever did reorder, because the crown she did put in is also cracked. The filling she used to put under the crown is now leaking out through the crack (hole) in the crown. Plus there is a hollow spot between the crown and the tooth next to it that is just a cavity now. She put some sort of packing there that just flaked away. Now there's just this cavity there between the crown and another tooth. The work she did is deplorable. I didn't need another dentist to tell me the work she did is a total mess.
    I never went in for an evaluation. I charted out on the form they give you what I wanted to have done. I don't have dental insurance and I told them that. I am 73 retired with a limited income. I was billed $1,206.00 for one crown and cleaning on nine teeth. She wouldn't allow the hygienist to clean between the two teeth where the problem was I wanted corrected. The hygienist told me she told her not to clean there. The condition I went in for is worse, plus she gave me a damaged crown.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 21, 2013, 07:13 AM
    I'm sorry I made it sound like you needed to go into detail here; I was just asking as a way to indicate that we couldn't assess. The rest of my reply still applies - small claims. The fee is about $50 depending on the state. I have no idea if you will win or lose. If she doesn't show up, you win by default (including the fee), but then you have to collect, and some people don't pay. Most courts allow for resolution by mail before going to court, so it's worth a shot. You can try the BBB and the licensing board.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pay as summer intern reported on 1099-misc.Do I have to pay SocSec as self-employed? [ 1 Answers ]

I received $1000, my only income for 2010, as a summer intern for a non-profit. It reported this in Box#7 on Form 1099-Misc. Do I have to pay Social Security tax on this? Medicare tax? Income Tax? I am a college student claimed as a dependent by my parents.

I was ordered to pay attorney's fees in a small claims case . I cannot pay. Any solu [ 8 Answers ]

I was the Plaintiff in a small claims case. The judge ruled for the defense. There are no monetary awards except I am ordered to pay the Defendants attorney's fees. I cannot pay as I am on social security. What can I do, if anything?

Do I have to pay back maternity leave pay or disability pay? [ 0 Answers ]

I'm going out on disability next week for about three-four weeks. After that, I'll be having a baby and I'll get 6 weeks maternity pay at 50%. Do I have to pay my company back for this if I quit while on leave? My benefits are under my husband.

Owe about 30,000 in credit card debt,I am 63 yrs. I have pay plans but cannot pay any [ 1 Answers ]

Have a payment plan but i am not able to pay anymore,husband out of work.what can i do?

View more questions Search