Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tjhans Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2013, 08:36 AM
    Deciding to market a product
    Companies employs salespeople who are assigned with their own territories. Why companies adopt this practice?
    Will it be due to the type of products?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2013, 08:42 AM
    I'll answer your question with a question - why would a company hire two sales persons to sell in the same area? Wouldn't they be paying people to compete with each other?

Is this homework?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 20, 2013, 08:43 AM
    How would companies sell certain products otherwise? Research Fuller Brush sales people. Research life insurance companies and their reps.

Feb 20, 2013, 09:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I'll answer your question with a question - why would a company hire two sales persons to sell in the same area? Wouldn't they be paying people to compete with each other?

Is this homework?
    Hi There,

Yes, this is a question that requires me to come up with a theory.

Feb 20, 2013, 09:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    How would companies sell certain products otherwise? Research Fuller Brush sales people. Research life insurance companies and their reps.
    Hi There,

Appreciate it!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 20, 2013, 09:05 AM
    A certain Lutheran life insurance company assigns new reps to a certain territory which is usually one or maybe two congregations (one or two specific church memberships). Why? The company monitors the efforts a new reps makes in his territory. Why?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In applying the lower of cost or market method to inventory valuation, market is defi [ 1 Answers ]

In applying the lower of cost or market method to inventory valuation, market is defined as

Small market vs. Large market [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between small market teams vs. large market teams? What makes a team a large market team or a small market team? I thought it had to do with revenue the team brought it from ticket sales but I was not sure.

View more questions Search