Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilmama512 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2013, 07:30 PM
    Can felons be lawyers?
    I have a felony on my record and I am in college full time but I still haven't picked a major I'm thinking law but can I even get into law school with my record?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 18, 2013, 07:59 PM
    I was so temped on telling a joke I heard that fits nicely with a felon and a lawyer but I won't . It will vary with each school but a felony will not bar you from most schools. Passing the bar and practicing law will be more difficult and also depends on which state and what the felony was. You should contact the state bar in the state you live for further advice.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2013, 09:41 AM
    Agree with Ballenger - where? If you have the grades you can probably into law school. Whether you would ever be admitted to practice is on a case-by-case review by the Bar Association in your State.

I think you could spend the time and money going to law school and then never be admitted - and you won't know until you pass the Bar and apply.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help with Lawyers [ 1 Answers ]

How can I seek help with the court demanding money and I am unemployed and now one can give me money?

Financial aid for felons? Is there any monies available for felons who are just being [ 2 Answers ]

Released. For things such as Tools, Housing, Clothing, Schooling etc. And where do we apply ?

Lawyers [ 3 Answers ]

A lawyer and a construction worker are sitting in a bar when a real good looking lady walks by.the construction worker says to the lawyer "boy i'd like to screw her" and the lawyer says "out of what"

Felons marring felons incarcerated [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I are coming up on final sentencing and he is in the county and I'm out we don't know if he will get probated and we would like to get married if he does get locked can we still get married even though I will be a felon to or will we have to wait till he gets out?

Bk lawyers [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all: I have a question regarding bankruptsy: I got divorced last September and won a property settlement judgement in the amount of $9000.00 my lawyer garnished her wages and I received 1 payment for $375.00. Then I received a bankruptsy notice that she has filed bankruptsy and she is...

View more questions Search