Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    computerk8t Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2013, 11:09 PM
    I am of an age between 10 and 100. I noticed that when I write my age in hexadecimal
    I am of an age between 10 and 100. I noticed that when I write my age in hexadecimal (base 16) the digits are in reverse order of my age in decimal (base 10). How old am I?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2013, 06:53 AM
    Been posted before. I assume this is homework?

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/mathem...gi-514434.html

Why did you post under computers for beginners?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 18, 2013, 06:56 AM
    Here's how to solve it: lin base 10 let A be the units digit and B the ten's digit, i.e. your age in base ten is 'BA.' Then in base 16 your age is 'AB.' Making these equal means:

10B + A = 16A + B

Rearrange:

9B = 15A

Since both A and B are integers this means 15A and 9B are each multiples of both 15 and 9. What numbers can you think of that meet that requirement? Once you have it, then you can solve for the values of A and B.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman gnp 100-3 approx age 1995-1999 [ 0 Answers ]

The unit could run perfectly for a day and then shut off.most time it doesn't start in morning after set back thermo turns it on in the morning. The light is blinking 3 times which is pressure switch. I changed draft inducer motot which was defective.sometimes it didn't start because (probably...

I am of an age between 10 and 100 when I write my age in hexadecimal base 16 the digi [ 2 Answers ]

I am of an age between 10 and 100 I noticed that when I write my age in hexadecimal base 16 the digits are in the reverse order of my age in decimal base 10 how old am I

View more questions Search