Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    universe Posts: 77, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2013, 06:15 AM
    How to apply for a grant?
    My son wants to start his ownbusiness selling his fantastic jalepeno/turkey burgers. How can he go about applying for a grant to help hom start?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 16, 2013, 06:21 AM
    There are no grants. There are Small Business Administration loans for those with a solid, professional business plan and a certain amount of experience and some collateral. They won't just loan money to someone with a good idea, because most start ups fail.

Food ideas usually start very small with their own money and maybe a cart, truck, or small space in a food mall. I trust he is well armed with the huge number of regulations for his town and state regarding permits and multiple licenses.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 16, 2013, 07:27 AM
    Agree, really no grants,

If he were going to hire 100 employees, or move into a very economic depressed area, there is some grants, but just to start a normal business, you have to get a loan, you start with a detailed business plan

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How can I apply for a grant to go back to school? [ 1 Answers ]

Trying to get my high school diplomia

How can I get a grant without having any money to apply for it [ 3 Answers ]

How can I pay the fee to apply for a grant when I'm unemployed

How can I apply for a grant as an ex-felon? [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible for an ex felon to receive a grant for school and if so, how can you apply?

How to find and apply for exfelon grant [ 2 Answers ]

How do I apply for and find exfelon grant

Where to apply for grant [ 3 Answers ]

Can you apply for a grant to buy a house? Were do you apply for a grant at? Do you have to pay back the grant? How do you go about getting a grant? The reason I ask is that I have a daugther that just had a baby and I have a son that is mildy retared that stays with her, they both are just...

View more questions Search